Honey Lime Margaritas are the perfect cocktail for sipping and celebrating! Tequila and lime juice sweetened with honey and served over ice. This recipe yields 2 servings.
What’s better than a few cocktails at 4 in the afternoon?
Absolutely nothing. And that’s exactly what I did this past Tuesday. Totally random and totally fun. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, right?
Years ago two of my sisters and I got a little tipsy from a few-too-many of these here honey lime margaritas. That night my oldest sister earned the nickname “Tequila Kelly” and I learned that I can cook and drink at the same time. After mentioning that night in a post, I was asked by a few of you for the recipe for the delicious margs. Well since Cinco de Mayo is only a few weeks away, I figured now was a good time as any to share it.
This recipe makes two glasses, or one giant one (if you know what I mean 😉). However this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled even.
To Make These Honey Lime Margaritas You Will Need:
- limes – Freshly squeezed for juice, a wedge for rimming the glasses and a few slices for serving.
- chili lime seasoning (aka tajin) – Or use margarita salt.
- ice – Because nobody wants a room temperature margarita.
- honey syrup – This is just equal parts honey and warm water, shaken until combined then cooled.
- tequila blanco (silver) – Use your favorite. I like Casamigos or Espolòn.
Rim your glasses with a lime wedge.
Then dip the moistened rim of the glass into a shallow plate of chili lime salt (tajin) or margarita salt.
I have to say, my favorite part about drinking margaritas is the salty rim. Period. That’s why I like to dip the whole rim in tajin or salt. If you’re not so much of a salt fan then just dip a portion of the rim or none at all.
Fill to the top with ice and set aside.
Divide 1/2 cup of tequila among the two glasses.
Combine 1 ounce honey syrup (more or less to taste) with 8 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice. Then divide the honey lime mixture among the glasses.
How Do You Make Honey Syrup?
Simply add equal parts honey and warm water in a bottle or jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake well to combine and then let cool or chill.
Garnish with lime wheels.
Sip, smile and repeat.
And as always, drink responsibly.
Click Here and check out my other margarita recipes!
Honey Lime Margaritas
- lime wedges, for rubbing on the rim and for garnish
- chili lime seasoning (tajin), or margarita salt
- 1/2 cup tequila silver, or blanco
- 1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey syrup, or to taste
- Rim two drinking glasses with a wedge of lime before dipping the wet rim into a small plate with chili lime seasoning or margarita salt. Fill each glass full with ice.
- Combine the honey syrup and the lime juice
- Divide the tequila among both glasses (1/4 cup each per glass) and then divide the honey lime mixture.
- Garnish with lime wheels and enjoy!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!