This Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing is light, creamy and made healthier! Greek yogurt with a little mayonnaise and a blend of dried herbs and spices are blended for a super quick and flavorful salad dressing.
Last week I shared my southwest chicken salsa ranch salad, and I promised that I would post the recipe for the greek yogurt ranch as soon as possible aka when I ran out. Well, that was yesterday.
We go through ranch so fast. Lately, for lunch I’ve been air-frying chicken and tucking them into wraps with lettuce, onion, peppers and then drizzling with a little buffalo sauce and yogurt ranch. Ps. the combination of buffalo sauce and ranch dressing is phenomenal. Just saying. However I also serve it with cut up carrots and bell peppers and most importantly with pizza.
I kept this recipe pretty simple, using dried herbs and spices (because I have plenty in my pantry), plain non-fat yogurt and mayo because the fat of the mayo helps mellow out the tanginess of the yogurt. Buttermilk for that classic bright flavor. And the total time it takes to whip this up is minutes. Which I love. Then after a little time spent in the fridge this Greek yogurt ranch dressing is ready.
To Make This Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing You Will Need:
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- milk (use what you drink I.e. whole, 2% or skim)
- worcestershire sauce
- dried chives
- dill weed
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- onion powder
- freshly ground black pepper
Into a mixing bowl, measure and add 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup mayo, 1/4 cup buttermilk, 1/4 cup milk (use what you drink I.e. whole, 2% or skim), a splash or two of Worcestershire sauce, 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chives, 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder and then 1/4 both paprika and freshly ground black pepper.
Grab your whisk and stir to incorporate the spices into the yogurt and buttermilk.
Next, once combined, season with 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Or season with more or less to taste.
Thin out the greek yogurt ranch dressing with milk (or buttermilk) until it reaches a desired consistency. For me, it was 1/4 cup. To keep this lower in fat, use 2% or skim milk.
Lastly, transfer the yogurt ranch to a bottle or container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Doing this, will allow the herbs and spices to soften and marry.
Creamy and light and so flavorful!
This recipe makes about 1-1/2 cups and should last up to 7 days in your refrigerator.
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, use your favorite
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk, whole, 2% or skim
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce, homemade or store bought
- 1½ teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a mixing bowl, measure and add; Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, buttermilk, milk, Worcestershire sauce, chives, dill, garlic, parsley, salt, black pepper and onion powder.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined, adding more milk as needed.
- Allow the dressing to chill for an hour or so for the flavors to meld.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!