In this Greek Chicken Couscous Bowl, fluffy wheat couscous is topped with Greek roasted chicken, feta shards, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. A deliciously light and satisfying meal that’s perfect for a light lunch or dinner. Serves 4 in about 40 minutes.
I love big bowls of food. Layers and textures and color! They’re visually and physically satisfying.
I don’t always have time for lunch. Trust me, I wish I did but the reality is that I’m usually either shooting a recipe or up to my eyeballs in dishes. Sometimes I snag a little of whatever I’m making that day for the blog. Most of the time I’ll have apples and almond butter. Lame, but it’s true.
Occasionally on a Sunday I will meal prep. I wish I had the time to do this every week because when I do, I’m so grateful to have an easy throw-together meal like these Greek chicken couscous bowls.
To Make These Greek Chicken Couscous bowls You Will Need:
- Greek seasoned roasted chicken thighs
- red onion
- fresh mint
- tzatziki sauce
First, place 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds of chicken thighs (or breasts) onto a rimmed metal baking sheet. Then drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice of 1/2 a lemon, 2 tablespoons of homemade Greek seasoning and a pinch of kosher salt. Lastly, toss to combine before roasting in your preheated 400° degrees for 25 minutes or until fully cooked and smelling crazy delicious.
This chicken is so flavorful and moist and delicious! Feel free to follow this same method but instead of roasting, cook the greek chicken on your grill!
Next, bring a pot of water to a boil, stir in the couscous and cook for 8 minutes. Because couscous is so small, it literally takes minutes. Every brand is different, so follow your package’s directions.
Next, chop, dice, slice and drain all the remaining ingredients and then layer couscous into bowls, top it with sliced greek chicken, veggies and garnish with dill and tzatziki sauce or Greek dressing.
Side note: I like to bite the end of the pepperoncini and drizzle the juice over my Greek chicken couscous bowl. So so good!
For lunches on the go, you could totally layer all of these ingredients into glass jars.
Greek Chicken Couscous Bowl
FOR THE ROASTED GREEK CHICKEN:
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, or thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- kosher salt
- 2 (rounded) tablespoons Greek Seasoning
FOR THE BOWLS:
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled, more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup Greek olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8 pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- chopped dill, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°. Place the chicken onto a rimmed metal baking sheet and toss in the oil, lemon juice, greek seasoning and a pinch of kosher salt. Roast on the middle rack for 20 to 25 minutes or until fully cooked. Transfer cooked greek chicken to a cutting board to rest before slicing.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous following the package directions and divide among bowls (or jars!).
- Top couscous with sliced Greek chicken thighs, slices of cucumber, feta, olives, tomatoes, pepperoncini, red onion and garnish with chopped fresh dill and top with either homemade tzatziki sauce or Greek dressing.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!