This easy chocolate pie is so rich and chocolaty. Serve with a dollop of homemade whipped cream on top and shaved chocolate with a side of coffee.
You know how that old saying goes easy as pie?
Well this is the pie they were talking about! It literally takes minutes to prepare, maybe a few more for those making a scratch pie crust.
Either way this chocolate pie is where it’s at!!
To Make This Easy Chocolate Pie You Will Need:
- pie dough
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- granulated sugar
- evaporated milk
Preheat your oven to 350°.
Roll your pie dough to fit a standard 8 or 9-inch pie dish. Trim of any excess dough, crimp the edges and use a fork to prick the bottom of your pie crust. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
Next, in a mixing bowl, add 3-1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder with 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar.
Whisk to combine.
Crack in two large eggs.
And pour in 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk.
Whisk to combine. You can also do all of this in a food processor for a super silky pie.
Pour the chocolate pie filling into the chilled pie crust.
Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 50 minutes or until the batter sets and there’s a thin crust on top.
Looking for a simple chocolaty dessert? Look no further! Creamy chocolaty filling, flaky pastry… serve with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top!
Allow the pie to cool to room temperature before slicing and serving.
Serve with a dollop of homemade whipped cream and chocolate shavings!
Easy Chocolate Pie
- 1/2 recipe homemade pie dough
- 3½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, dutch process if possible
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Roll your pie dough to fit a standard 8 or 9-inch pie dish. Trim of any excess dough, crimp the edges and use a fork to prick the bottom of your pie crust. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the unsweetened cocoa powder with granulated sugar.
- Crack and whisk in both eggs and pour in the evaporated milk. For a smoother pie, make the filling in your food processor.
- Once combined, pour the chocolate filling into the chilled pie dough.
- Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- A thin crust should form on the top and the center be slightly jiggly. It will further set as the pie cools.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!