Grilled Corn Black Bean Salsa is filled with grilled corn, black beans, and tomatoes. Serve with crispy tortilla chips, or as a topping to tacos!
We can prepare corn many different ways, but my personal favorite is grilling.
Like I’ve said a billion times before and I’ll proudly say it again, I love a good char. And there is just something incredible about sweet corn with a little grill char! Just don’t overdo it on the “char” part… it could really ruin things. 🙂
To Make This Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa You Will Need:
- fresh sweet corn
- extra light olive oil
- juice of a large lime
- juice from a small lemon
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- kosher salt
- black beans
- roma tomatoes
- red onion
Start by brushing all sides of 6 ears of corn with the tablespoon of light olive oil.
Plop them onto a super hot grill, close the lid (turning every so often) for about 12-15 minutes. If you hear some corn a poppin’ it’s totally the norm.
Juice the lemon and the lime, discard any seeds.
Add in 1/2 to 1 whole minced chipotle pepper.
Then a 1/2 to 1 full tablespoon of the adobo sauce.
Season with 1 couple teaspoons of kosher salt.
And mince up the 2 garlic cloves and throw those in as well. Garlic makes everything better… well, except your breath. But whatever.
Then add 1/2 teaspoon of honey, or to taste.
Lastly, pour in 1/4 cup olive oil.
Next, shake well and set it aside.
Then, by now the cob should be cool enough to handle.
Next, run a sharp knife down the corn cob to remove as much of the kernels as possible.
And then throw all that charred corn into a bowl.
Next, finely dice up 1/4 cup of red onion
Then remove the seeds and finely dice 2 Roma tomatoes.
Next drain and rinse 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans.
Then add all those ingredients along with 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro into the bowl with the corn.
Next, give it all a quick toss.
Then drizzle in the chipotle citrus vinaigrette.
Next, give the grilled corn black bean salsa a final stir before serving. This salsa doesn’t need a single moment to marinate in the fridge. It’s actually pretty darn excellent right away served at room temperature with corn tortilla chips, on top of carnitas or just with a spoon!
Corn is in season my friends, so get on it and make this grilled corn black bean salsa!
Charred Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 6 ears sweet corn
- olive oil
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 cloves cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Brush the six ears of corn all over with a tablespoon of the olive oil. Preheat your grill to medium-high. Place corn onto grill grates, close the lid and grill for 15-20 minutes. Turn frequently. Remove when the corn has a light and even grill marks and let cool.
- In a small bowl or jar; add the lemon and lime juice, the garlic, chipotle pepper, adobo, honey and olive oil. Shake and set aside.
- Now the corn should be cool enough to handle, so run a sharp knife down the cob to remove as much of the corn kernels as possible. Add the corn into a large bowl. Next add in the diced tomato, onion, the black beans and chopped cilantro. Give that a light toss and add the vinaigrette.
- Stir well until combined and serve at room temperature with corn chips or on top of your favorite tacos!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!