These Cinnamon Sugar Almonds remind of Christmas! Every year when holiday shopping, little stands would be selling these crazy delicious and addictive nuts. And now you can make them at home. Slow roasted almonds with a cinnamon sugar shell.
This time of year I look forward to a handful (or two) of these cinnamon sugar almonds.
When I was a kid, every holiday season little stands named Almond Haus would pop up in the aisles at our local mall. I would scrounge up the money just so I could buy a warm bag of those sugary crunchy almonds and eat the whole thing on the spot.
A few years ago, I brought a small bag of these into work to let my good friend Ann try them (she of course loved them!) and then my friend Jacqueline who’s from Germany tried them too. After she popped one into her mouth, she looked at me and said “these remind me of Germany” if that wasn’t the best reaction. I knew this recipe was a keeper.
To Make these Cinnamon Sugar Almonds You Will Need:
- an egg white
- kosher salt
First things first, preheat your oven to 300°.
Then in a large bowl, measure and add 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt to 1-1/2 cups of sugar. Whisk the two together until combined and then set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Then measure and add in the pure vanilla extract, whisking to combine.
Add the almonds to the egg white mixture and toss well to coat the almonds.
Now just add all of the almonds into the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Try not to get any excess egg whites in the cinnamon sugar bowl.
Continue to stir and stir and stir until every almond is generously coated!
When I get to the bottom of the bowl, I use a slotted spoon to shake the extra sugar/cinnamon away before adding the final cinnamon sugar almonds to the pan.
Spread them out on the lined baking sheet and slide the pan onto the middle rack of your preheated 300° oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes of baking is up take them out of the oven, toss and then in for another 10 minutes.
Lastly, remove and toss the almonds again, then place back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes. Let the cinnamon sugar almonds cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
I like mine slightly warm and crunchy. These cinnamon sugar almonds taste just like I remember the Almond Haus almonds I would get at the mall.
These almonds should come with a warning:
Check out more of my nut recipes here.
Sugared Cinnamon Almonds
- 16 ounces almonds
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 300°.
- In a large bowl whisk together the suga, cinnamon and salt.
- In another medium bowl whisk egg white until slightly frothy. Then stir in the vanilla.
- Add the almonds to the egg white mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer the almonds into the cinnamon and sugar, tossing to coat. Leave any excess egg whites behind in the bowl before adding.
- Spread the cinnamon sugar almonds onto the baking sheet. Bake in your preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Toss again and continue baking for 10 more minutes. If after this there are still "wet" looking almonds, toss again and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let cool slightly on pan before snacking!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!