Sweet and salty goodness with this Honey Butter Popcorn with Toasted Pecans!
It’s June 24th and today my best friend and I are taking our kids and leaving for Lake Michigan (and our kids have no idea that today is the day!!)!! This is our third time going and every year we have a blast!! We stay in Ludington which is a quaint little town just off the shores of Lake Michigan. The first day we usually check in and check out the pool, then head to the shores to watch the S.S. Badger, the HUGE ferry from MI to Wisconsin, dock and then we stay for the sunset. Then the next day we take the kids to Michigan Adventures and blow a ton of money on cheap toys and even cheaper food!!
So I am packing us snacks for the car ride, YUP you guessed it!! I’m packing this Honey Butter Popcorn with Toasted Pecans! It’s a snack kids and grown ups will love.
I really hope I packed everything because between T-ball practice and softball games, I don’t feel that organized this year. I’m in a hurry to get some sleep because 6am comes quick!
To Make this Honey Butter Popcorn You Will Need:
- unsalted butter
- pop corn kernels
- kosher salt
- coconut oil.
Toast your pecans in a dry pan, you will know they are done when you start to smell them! Just watch them carefully so they don’t burn!
Next give them a rough chop… Set them aside and start on the popcorn!
Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add one kernel and replace the lid and wait for the POP! When the kernel pops add the rest of the kernels forming a single layer, place the lid back on and shake frequently until the popping comes to a stop or there is a long pause in between pops.
When the kernels are done popping add them to a EXTRA large bowl, top with the chopped toasted pecans, and season with kosher salt.
For the honey butter, add the honey and the two tablespoons of butter in to a small sauce pan and heat until the butter is melted, no need to bring to a boil…
Then juse simply pour the honey butter over the popcorn and pecans.
Here is a close up of this yummy snack! Sweet and salty… my fav!
Honey Butter Popcorn with Toasted Pecans
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 ounces pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- kosher salt, to taste
- Place the whole raw pecans in a dry pan and toast until fragrent, watch carefully so they don't burn! Then remove and cool slightly before roughly chopping. Set aside and start on the popcorn!
- Heat the coconut oil in a deep pot over medium high heat and add one kernel, when it pops add the rest of the kernels forming a single layer, cover and shake until popcorn is done popping.
- Alternatively, you can air pop your popcorn.
- Toss popcorn with the toasted chopped pecans and season with salt to taste. In a small sauce pan melt butter and honey until combined.
- Drizzle the honey butter over the popcorn and pecans and toss!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!