Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Arugula Caprese Salad is fresh, sweet and simple. This salad is a cross between the appetizer we all love (prosciutto wrapped cantaloupe) and the beloved caprese salad. All of that is atop lightly dressed arugula for a fresh and delicious salad!
Cantaloupe is tasting so delicious right now.
I can’t say I’ve always beeb a cantaloupe fan, but I think I am now. Especially after this melon salad, it’s all I can think about and now this cantaloupe and prosciutto arugula salad… it’s safe to say I am indeed in love.
This is the kind of salad you serve on your dinner or patio table, with candles lit, sun is setting and there’s a chilled bottle of white wine, garlic bread and your with close friends and family. At least in my head it is. I ate this sitting with my legs crossed on my front porch. But hey we all dream. Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Arugula Salad is perfect as a light lunch or as a starter to your meal. It’s delicious as a side to grilled salmon, chicken or shrimp and scallops. And WINE.
Your summer needs this salad.
To Make This Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Caprese Arugula Salad You Will Need:
- baby arugula –pre-washed
- quick champagne vinaigrette
- 8 ounces of “cherry size” fresh mozzarella balls (drained)
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- fresh basil leaves
- balsamic glaze (homemade or store bought)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
What I think you’ll love most about this salad more is that it’s simple to throw together.
Whisk a tablespoon of champagne vinegar, with a pinch of salt and pepper while pouring in a tablespoon of olive oil.
Drizzle enough of the dressing to coat the arugula lightly.
All that’s left to do is arrange the lightly dressed arugula onto a platter and top with cantaloupe, torn pieces of prosciutto and the balls of mozzarella. Garnish with a fresh basil leaves, freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
It’s subtly sweet, salty and peppery and bursting with so many fresh flavors!
Cantaloupe and Prociutto Arugula Caprese Salad
FOR THE CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper, oe more to taste
FOR THE SALAD:
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- fresh cantaloupe slices, about 1/4 of a cantaloupe
- 8 ounces bite-size fresh mozzarella, drained
- 2 to 3 ounces prosciutto, torn
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- freshly ground black pepper
TO PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE:
- Whisk the vinegar, salt and pepper while slowly pouring in the olive oil.
- Spoon a little (or all) of the dressing over the arugula and toss to coat.
TO PREPARE THE SALAD:
- Arrange the dressed arugula onto a platter.
- Top with sliced cantaloupe, (drained) mozzarella balls and tear the prosciutto into bite-size pieces and scatter it overtop as well.
- Scatter with the fresh basil leaves, drizzle with balsamic glaze and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- For the balsamic glaze you can follow this recipe, just omit the honey [or don't! 😉
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!