Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Skewers are super easy to throw together and loaded with flavor. Jumbo shrimp and andouille sausage are tossed with olive oil, lemon juice and homemade cajun seasoning blend, threaded onto skewers and grilled! Serves 4.
Shrimp + andouille sausage + cajun spice = what is quite possibly my favorite combination.
Since I made jambalaya back in the spring, I can’t get the spicy combination of shrimp, andouille and cajun spices out of my head. There’s something about the spicy combination that has me salivating just thinking about it.
With that being said, it’s summer and prime grilling season so why not throw them together and onto the grill?
To Make These Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Skewers You Will Need:
- peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp 16/20 (tails on or off)
- andouille sausage – we like (aidells) chicken andouille
- olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- cajun seasoning
- kosher salt
- black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, add the andouille and shrimp.
Add 1-1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, a generous pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Measure and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
Toss well to combine.
Work quickly, skewering the shrimp and sausage. If you let the shrimp sit too long in the lemon juice, the acidity of the lemon juice with “cook” the shrimp.
I wrap the shrimp around the sausage before sticking a skewer through both. In doing so, this ensures that everyone will get 4 shrimp and sausages per skewer.
Grill your grates with olive oil prior to preheating to 400°. Once preheated, place the skewers on the grates, close the lid and cook for 3 minutes.
Use tongs to turn the skewers and repeat for 3 more minutes.
Remove the shrimp from grill and serve.
Serve with a sprinkle of minced fresh parsley for a burst of freshness and color.
Perfectly spicy and so flavorful. I love how easy this is to throw together and that they take little to no time on the grill.
These are great as is with a few dashes of hot sauce. However, I have served them with rice and grilled corn on the cob. And I’ve also whipped them into a cajun shrimp and andouille pasta. So many options!
Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Skewers
- 2 pounds shrimp, [16/20] peeled and deveined, tail on or off
- 12 ounces chicken andouille sausage, sliced into 40 slices
- 1½ tablespoons [cajun seasoning ]
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra light
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- In a large bowl add shrimp, sliced andouille, cajun seasoning, a generous pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Toss to combine.
- Immediately thread the shrimp and sausage onto skewers by wrapping a shrimp around a slice of sausage before skewering. Repeat, 4 per skewer.
- Brush grill grates with olive oil before preheating to 400°.
- Once preheated, place the skewers onto the hot grates. Close the lid and grill for 3 minutes. Turn and repeat, grilling for 3 more minutes or until fully cooked.
- Serve with a sprinkle of finely minced fresh parsley and hot sauce for extra heat.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!