These GIANT Bakery Style Rice Krispie Treats are soft and gooey with ribbons of marshmallow throughout. Similar to making regular krispie treats, however this recipe is made extra special by the addition of sweetened condensed milk and marshmallow fluff. Yields 8 giant rectangles or 12 thick squares.
Meet The Perfect Rice Krispie Treat.
I had my first rice krispie treat when my husband and I were newly dating as teenagers, and I’ve loved them ever since. However, once you’ve had a bakery style version there’s really no going back. The difference? Is by adding in sweetened condensed milk you will get soft and ultra gooey krispie treats with incredible flavor but without making them overly sweet. I also swirl in marshmallow fluff which adds ribbons of soft sweet marshmallow throughout. To. Die. For.
Prepare to fall in love.
To Make These Bakery Style Rice Krispie Treats You Will Need:
- butter – I use salted butter, but use what you have.
- sweetened condensed milk – Adds flavor and makes these treats soft and gooey.
- marshmallows – I like to use mini marshmallows to speed up the melting process.
- vanilla – Enhances the flavor of these sweet treats.
- rice cereal – You can’t make rice krispie treats with out it.
- marshmallow fluff – Adds extra marshmallow goodness.
In a large pot, melt 6 tablespoons butter over low heat.
Once melted, pour in 6 ounces sweetened condensed milk and use a rubber spatula to stir until combined.
Next, add in 10 ounces of mini marshmallows. Again, stir to combine.
Once incorporated, remove off of the heat and add in 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, stirring once more.
Lastly measure and add 10 ounces rice cereal.
Use a rubber spatula to gentle fold the cereal into the marshmallow mixture.
Once combined add spoonfuls of the marshmallow fluff on top.
Stir only a few times in order to create thick ribbons throughout the cereal mixture.
Transfer to a 8×12 or 9×13 ceramic baking pan and use wax paper to press the mixture into the pan.
Allow the rice krispie treats to cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
Cut into desired sizes – 8 large rectangles or 12 thick squares.
Just LOOK at that pocket of marshmallow😍
- Try browning the butter first for a rich and nuttier flavor.
- Don’t have marshmallow fluff? Use extra mini marshmallows
- Add some fun add-ins like mini chocolate chips, caramel or peanut butter chips and/or sprinkles!
How To Store Bakery Style Rice Krispie Treats:
Store these sweet treats in an air-tight container at room temperature or individually wrap (and also store in an air-tight container) and freeze.
How Long Will Bakery Style Rice Krispie Treat Last?
If stored properly they should last 3 to 5 days. After 3 days you could wrap tightly and refrigerate or freeze up to 3 months.
Bakery Style Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces sweetened condensed milk , or 3/4 cup
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 10 ounces Rice Krispie cereal, or 10 cups
- 7 ounces marshmallow fluff
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, use a rubber spatula to stir in the sweetened condensed milk. Add in 10 ounces of mini marshmallows and stir while they slowly melt.
- Once incorporated, remove off of the heat and add in the vanilla, continue to stir until combined. Lastly measure and add in the cereal. Gently fold the cereal into the marshmallow mixture.
- Once combined add spoonfuls of the marshmallow fluff on top. Stir only a few times in order to create thick ribbons throughout the cereal mixture.
- Transfer to a 8×12 or 9x13 ceramic baking pan and use wax paper to press the mixture into the pan. Allow the rice krispie treats to cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour before cutting and serving.
- See blog post for storing tips.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!