Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal; apples are mixed with cinnamon, nutmeg, oatmeal and raisins and baked in the oven. Serve topped with brown sugar and milk!
Living in Michigan means that when Fall hits, we get to hit the cider mills.
It never dawned on me that a lot of other states aren’t fortunate enough to experience apple picking, snacking on piping-hot cinnamon-sugar doughnuts while watching apples being pressed for apple cider. How unbelievably sad!
Besides the traditional apple pies, crisps, crumbles and scones… oatmeal is my next favorite comfort food to bake apples in. So, are you an instant oatmeal fan? Or are you the soak your oats over night kind? With so many different ways for one to make oatmeal, I’m starting to think baked is the best! It comes out of the oven all light and fluffy and the apples are perfectly baked! Not to mention your home fills up with the smell of apples and cinnamon! *siiigh*!
This recipe is crazy easy to prepare, just combine, bake and breakfast will be served in 30 minutes or less!
To Make This Baked Apple Oatmeal You Will Need:
- old fashioned rolled oats
- unsweetened applesauce
- golden raisins
- dark brown sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- freshly grated nutmeg
- kosher salt
- apple (like cortland, cosmic crisp, jonathan or rome)
- whole milk
- melted butter
Preheat your oven to 350° and lightly grease a oven-safe baking dish. (I sprayed mine with ghee oil spray)
In a large mixing bowl, measure and add 1-1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, 1/2 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup golden raisins, 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon fine salt.
Next, pour in 1-1/2 cups milk.
Add in 2 cups finely diced apples.
Stir and pour in 1 tablespoon melted butter.
Transfer this mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven to bake for 25-30 minutes.
Remove and let cool 5 minutes or so.
Serve it up! I like mine with a little extra brown sugar and a drizzle of milk.
I shared this with my two daughters while my husband was hunting. So if I was making this for four adults I would double it for sure! But my girls and I shared this leaving a little bit left over for me to save.
Make it. Eat it. Love it.
Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, or up to 4 tablespoons, plus more for serving
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large apple (like cortland, cosmic crisp, jonathan or rome), cored and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350° and lightly grease a oven-safe baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, measure and add the oats, applesauce, raisins, dark brown sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- Stir in the milk and melted butter. Transfer to a land pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Bake in your preheated 350° oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving into bowls topped with a little milk, sprinkled with a little brown sugar and extra cinnamon.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!