Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal; apples are mixed with cinnamon, nutmeg, oatmeal and raisins and baked in the oven. Serve topped with brown sugar and milk!
Living in Michigan means that when Fall hits, we get to hit the cider mills.
It never dawned on me that a lot of other states aren’t fortunate enough to experience apple picking, snacking on piping-hot cinnamon-sugar doughnuts while watching apples being pressed for apple cider. How unbelievably sad!
Besides the traditional apple pies, crisps, crumbles and scones… oatmeal is my next favorite comfort food to bake apples in. So, are you an instant oatmeal fan? Or are you the soak your oats over night kind? With so many different ways for one to make oatmeal, I’m starting to think baked is the best! It comes out of the oven all light and fluffy and the apples are perfectly baked! Not to mention your home fills up with the smell of apples and cinnamon! *siiigh*!
This recipe is crazy easy to prepare, just combine, bake and breakfast will be served in 30 minutes or less!
To Make This Baked Apple Oatmeal You Will Need:
- apple (like Cortland, Jonathan or Rome)
- old fashioned rolled oats
- golden raisins
- dark brown sugar
- melted butter
- freshly grated nutmeg
- kosher salt
- whole milk
First, halve and then quarter and remove the center core of an apple.
First, halve and then quarter and remove the center core of an apple. Next just slice and dice one small to medium sized apple…
And then into small bite-size chunks.
Then, combine 1 and 1/3 cups old fashioned rolled oats, the diced apple, 1/4 cup golden raisins and 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar into a large bowl.
Season them with 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
Pour in 1 tablespoon melted butter.
Next, give it a stir.
And dump it all into a small ungreased baking dish.
Spread the apple and oat mixture evenly in the dish.
Lastly, pour in 2 cups of milk over top.
No need to stir or mix. Just place the dish into a preheated 350° oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until most of the milk is absorbed.
Remove and let cool. I shared this with my two daughters while my husband was hunting. So if I was making this for four adults I would double it for sure! But my girls and I shared this leaving a little bit left over for me to save.
Serve it up! I like mine with a little extra brown sugar and a drizzle of milk.
Make it. Eat it. Love it.
Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced (like Cortland, Jonathan or Rome)
- 1⅓ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Mix together the apple, oats, raisins, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir in the melted butter and pour the mixture into an oven safe dish.
- Pour the two cups of milk over top and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 25-30 minutes or until most of the milk is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon, drizzle with a little bit of milk and serve!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!