Meal prep on the weekend and enjoy an Asian Cashew Chicken Mason Jar Salad for lunch throughout the week. Thinly sliced Napa cabbage and romaine, topped with sugar snap peas, cucumber, carrot, green onions, cilantro, shredded chicken and tossed in a toasted sesame dressing.
Mason Jar Salads Make Lunches Easy.
Whether you are trying to eat healthier or wanting a grab-and-go lunch. Mason jar salads are great! Prep on Sunday and enjoy during the week. I love having lunch ready and waiting. However these are also great for tossing into a lunch bag when you’re heading out the door.
Crisp. Fresh. And delicious. What more could you want in a healthy salad?
To Make This Asian Cashew Chicken Mason Jar Salad You Will Need:
- toasted sesame dressing
- sugar snap peas
- green onion
- shredded cooked chicken
- lightly salted cashews
- napa cabbage
- romaine lettuce
To Make The Toasted Sesame Dressing You Will Need:
- rice vinegar
- grated fresh ginger
- grated fresh garlic
- low-sodium tamari
- toasted sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds
In a small jar, measure and add; 1 teaspoon sugar and 3 tablespoons rice vinegar. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Then add in 3 tablespoons low-sodium tamari, 1/2 teaspoon each grated fresh ginger and garlic, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds. Whisk or secure a lid and shake until combined.
Divide roughly 2 tablespoons per jar and add 1/4 cup each sugar snap peas, cucumber and julienned carrots.
WHAT SIZE JAR IS BEST FOR MAKING MASON JAR SALADS?
I personally love and really only feel full with a giant salad. So, I use pint-and-a-half size mason jars. This size holds 3 cups which means you can layer all the things you love without compromising.
Next, add in 1 tablespoon each sliced green onion and roughly chopped cilantro. Then add in 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken. I’ve used leftover roasted chicken, grilled chicken breasts, thighs and rotisserie. All are great.
Add 2 tablespoons of lightly salted dry-roasted cashews to each jar.
Top with a generous 1/2 cup of Napa cabbage and 1/4 cup romaine lettuce.
However if you’re the kind of person who likes to get every ounce of dressing out. I would do 2 things; either bring a spatula or divide the dressing into separate containers. I personally don’t like an overly dressed salad. But if you do, consider doubling the recipe.
Secure the lids and store in the fridge. Store in the fridge and dump into a bowl when ready to eat.
Click Here For More Mason Jar Salads!
Enjoy! And if you give this recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Asian Cashew Chicken Mason Jar Salad
FOR THE TOASTED SESAME DRESSING:
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium tamari, or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
TO MAKE THE SALADS:
- toasted sesame dressing
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 cup salad cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup cashews, lightly salted dry-roasted
- 2 (generous) cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 (generous) cup romaine lettuce, thinly slice
FOR THE DRESSING:
- In a small bowl or jar combine; sugar and vinegar. Whisk to combine. Then add in the tamari, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Whisk or shake (with the lid secured) until combined.
FOR THE SALAD:
- Into 4 glass jars (see notes), divide the dressing, snap peas, cucumbers, carrots, green onions, cilantro, cooked chicken, cashews, cabbage and romaine.
- Secure the lid and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
- To serve, simply empty the contents onto a plate or bowl.
- If you’re the kind of person (like me!) who likes to get every ounce of dressing out. I would do 2 things; either bring a spatula or divide the dressing into separate small containers.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Leave a Reply