This Parmesan garlic cauliflower is ready in just 20 minutes. Serve with chicken, beef or eat as a light lunch. So delicious!
I don’t know about you, but it feels like this is the first time I’ve sat down in weeks. WEEKS.
It was as if I blinked and all of a sudden it two weeks before Christmas and I had to go-go-go and buckle down to get my Christmas shopping, decorating and cookie making in check. As you probably know, I’ve been a little absent and I apologize for that but I got wrapped up in all things Christmas and planning for hosting not one but three family gatherings, that I found myself with little time to sit down and blog. Wah!
But I’m back and with a yummy simple recipe for you too! A slightly spicy, majorly garlicky and cheesy cauliflower skillet side dish that I love oh-so-much. Oh and it’s ready in 20 minutes.
To Make This Parmesan Garlic Cauliflower You Will Need:
- cauliflower, cut into small florets
- unsalted butter
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh garlic
- red pepper flakes
- grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
It doesn’t get any more simple than this.
Start by breaking down a whole head of cauliflower into small florets.
Melt two tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Tip in the cauli, toss in the butter/olive oil and season with salt before spreading it out into an even layer.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes without disturbing it…
Once a golden crust forms, give it a stir and repeat.
Meanwhile mince up 4 cloves of fresh garlic.
Once all toasty golden…
…and fork tender (about 10-12 minutes)…
…then add in all that minced garlic. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Lastly, season with a 1/4 teaspoon of chili pepper flakes…
…and a quarter cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Toss the cauli in the cheese until it’s melted and throughout. And wah-la! That’s all folks.
Serve with fresh cracked black pepper, chopped parsley and more Parmesan if desired. Which in my house it’s always desired.
I may or may not have eaten this as lunch the next day.
So good it can be its own main dish. 😉
Ps. Caramelized cauliflower is the bestest.
20-minute Skillet Parmesan + Garlic Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large 10 or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot add in the cauliflower, season with salt, toss and spread into an even layer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes undisturbed. Stir and repeat until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Reduce the temperature to medium-low, add in the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Next, add in the pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss until the cheese has melted and serve with seasoned with black pepper, chopped parsley and more Parmesan if desired.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!