Sloppy Joseph’s

Don’t laugh at the name. I know you want to.

Sloppy Joseph's via SimplyScratch.com

This isn’t a sammich that should be messed with. I mean look at it… it’s a bada** sloppy j.

Sloppy Josephs via www.SimplyScratch.com ingredients

First it all starts with my family’s sloppy joe recipe that I’ve been making for Y-E-A-R-S.

_DSC0952

The sauce is sweet and savory and perfect. It does call for ketchup, which I know some of my friends have strong feelings about it. But I of course will share with you my homemade ketchup recipe and you can feel free to use in place of reg-o ketchup.

Sloppy Josephs l www.SimplyScratch.com

It all comes together so quickly. While the sauce simmers you can crisp up the bacon, fry up some eggs and slice up an avocado. Then pla-dow! It’s done.

Sloppy Joseph's l www.SimplyScratch.com #recipe

Since these are grown up sloppies… I  {of course} served with an adult beverage.

Sloppy Joseph's via www.SimplyScratch.com

And then I happily shoved this sandwich into my face and gave myself the ultimate sloppy j stache. Because why not?

Sloppy Joseph's via SimplyScratch.com

For more of the step-by-step instructions and to print the handy-dandy recipe head on over to Tablespoon!

15 Responses to “Sloppy Joseph’s”

cassie — March 4, 2014 at 9:47 am

I just made homemade sloppy joe’s Sunday night. Why didn’t I think to add bacon, egg and avocado! Genius!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — March 4, 2014 at 12:06 pm

I saw this on the Tablespoons a few days ago and was like, “WHOOOOAAAA. NEED.” I still feel that way. :)

Christine @ Cooking with Cakes — March 4, 2014 at 1:41 pm

you put a perfectly gorgeous runny yolk on top of a perfectly bada** sloppy joe (my childhood FAV!) and now I want to hug you through my computer screen

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert — March 4, 2014 at 3:00 pm

My husband would flip for this sandwich. We love a good ole sloppy joe but this looks like the ultimate! Yum

Katie @ The Surly Housewife — March 4, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Oh my word. This looks amazing. I, too, have a sloppy joe recipe that I have been making for years. This is an awesome way to vary it up!

Happy Valley Chow — March 4, 2014 at 7:07 pm

I love that you put a fried egg on top….I could put a fried egg on pretty much everything. Fantastic recipe!

Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

Meredith — March 4, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Over the top amazing!!

Julia {The Roasted Root} — March 5, 2014 at 8:44 am

It it weird that the second I saw the hunk o’ wich, I immediately thought about how desperately I wanted a sloppy j stache?? This is the ultimate of ultimates…I NEEEEDS it on my face…err…I mean, in my life ;)

Samantha @FerraroKitchen — March 11, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Ok seriously. This sandwich is the shiznit. Seriously.. And I’m laughing because my husbands name is Joe..hahah

• Laurie McNamara replied: — March 11th, 2014 @ 8:45 pm

Haha! Thank you Samantha!

Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures — March 13, 2014 at 3:18 pm

After seeing this pictures, I wonder why i haven’t been eating all my sloppy jos with bacon, a fried egg and avacado!

hellen — March 16, 2014 at 12:48 am

This looks scrumptious!

Risa — March 16, 2014 at 9:44 am

Way to make a sloppy Joe look sexy!

Nick — May 4, 2014 at 7:19 pm

HI Looks Amazing, Maybe its my computer, But the ingredient and amounts are not showing up.