How To Brown Butter

If you can believe it, brown butter is actually more delicious than regular-non-browned-butter is! Sweet or savory, it is GOOD!

Okay my friends, if you haven’t made brown butter… what is wrong with you? Jusssst kidding.

No but really, why not?Ā It may sound a little intense: the whole browning of milk solids, but truly it’s the most amazing thing. Whether you use it in pancakes, pasta or cake, it will NEVER let you down.

browned

I promise you, it’s as simple as cooking the milk solids that’s in the butter until they are a deep golden and, well… brown.

That’s it!

I’ve gone ahead a took step-by-step photos just to show you how simple it really is. Because, sometimes photos of the process will take away the apprehension. I know it helps me šŸ™‚

butter

Drop butter into a skillet over medium heat.

melting

Let it melt.

milk solids

Stir occasionally.

butter4

You’ll start to notice the change in color. That is the glorious magic of browning butter.

browned

Pull it off right when it reaches a deep amber color.

That’s it!

Now if you’re in need of recipes that call fro brown butter, well go to the top of this blog and type “brown butter” into the search bar. You’ll find PLENTY of recipes to choose from!

Enjoy!

9 Responses to “How To Brown Butter”

danielle — December 21, 2012 at 1:23 pm

these!!!! nutella-stuffed brown butter + sea salt chocolate chip cookies

i’ve made them three times in the past few weeks. seriously the best cookies i’ve ever had.

Ginger — December 21, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Salted Browned Butter Rice Krispie Treats anyone? Oh yes, I think so! šŸ™‚

Cassie | Bake Your Day — December 21, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Droooling. Seriously. This is my favorite.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 21, 2012 at 8:28 pm

I’m totally in the group of people that have yet to make or experienced browned butter but it’s totally on my to do list.

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — December 21, 2012 at 9:49 pm

LOVE Brown Butter!

Julie @ Table for Two — December 23, 2012 at 2:17 am

omg i could drink brown butter…it’s so amazing. i want to make it into a plug-in or candle so my house would permanently smell like brown butter.

Monique @ Ambitious Kitchen — January 3, 2013 at 4:01 am

Brown butter is the best!

Tracy — February 5, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I just came across your blog and have read a few posts. I’m in love. I don’t need a crystal ball to foresee a larger pant size in my future šŸ™‚ Looking forward to trying some of these incredible looking creations.