Easy Chocolate Pie

This easy chocolate pie is so rich and chocolaty. Serve with a dollop of homemade whipped cream on top and shaved chocolate with a side of coffee.

You know how that old saying goes… easy as pie. Well this is the pie they were talking about!

Easy Chocolate Pie l SimplyScratch.com

It literally takes minutes to prepare, maybe a few more for those making a scratch pie crust. Either way… chocolate pie is where it’s at folks!

The original recipe calls for a 5 ounce can of condensed milk… I learned after I made this pie that there are two different sizes. I honestly just grabbed the familiar size can that I’ve bought for other recipes not even paying ANY attention to the fluid ounce! Lesson learned. But that little error resulted in a more pudding like consistency… which was quite delightful!

Easy Chocolate Pie l SimplyScratch.com

I also omitted the butter, because I ran out, but for the full step-by-step and printable recipe, head on over to the best recipe driven website around Tasty Kitchen.

Easy Chocolate Pie l SimplyScratch.com

Looking for a simple chocolaty dessert? Look no further! Creamy chocolaty filling, flaky pastry… serve with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top!

Have a relaxing Memorial weekend my friends!

Enjoy! And if you give this Easy Chocolate Pie recipe a try, let me know by snapping a photo and tagging me on twitter or instagram!

21 Responses to “Easy Chocolate Pie”

Lauren @ Part Time House Wife — May 26, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Laurie serisously! Looks amazing! I need to make this!

Antonia @ Health Inspirations — May 26, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I want a piece right now. Looks sooo delicious. I’m making this very soon, for sure!!! Thanks for sharing 🙂

DB-The Foodie Stuntman — May 26, 2012 at 4:48 pm

My wife just saw your pics and now wants some!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — May 26, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Love this! This pie sounds phenomenal!

Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana — May 26, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Wow, looks decadent! Good to know that it still tastes yummy even without the butter 🙂

Julie @ Table for Two — May 27, 2012 at 2:33 am

This looks fabulous! I love the consistency how yours turned out. So question: what size did you end up getting if you didn’t get the called for 5 oz. evaporated milk size? I want to make mine more like yours cause I like the pudding consistency. Thanks!!

• simplyscratch replied: — May 27th, 2012 @ 5:25 pm

Hey Julie! I think it was the 12oz? I don’t remember because I poured and tossed it without even looking, but it’s the larger of the two. I can be such a dip sometimes!

Baking Serendipity — May 27, 2012 at 3:46 am

Chocolate pie always reminds me of my great-grandmother. Love yours…and the pudding consistency 🙂 (When accidental mistakes turn out better than I expected I’m always excited!)

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — May 27, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Dang, I just got done making a pie to bring to friends house – should have checked the computer first! This looks incredible!

Julia {The Roasted Root} — May 27, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Looks creamy, rich and delicious!

Jennifer | Mother Thyme — May 28, 2012 at 6:19 pm

This looks so rich and creamy! A lovely chocolate pie to satisfy a chocolate craving!

Delishhh — May 28, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Just fabulous – have a great rest of weekend!

Anna @ hiddenponies — May 28, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Anything with sweetened condensed milk is my friend…this looks delicious! Tasty Kitchen is always inspiring!

Sally @ Sallys Baking Addiction — May 29, 2012 at 12:56 am

Laurie, this chocolate pie looks INCREDIBLE. And any “easy” recipe involving chocolate has my name written all over it. 😉

Javelin Warrior — June 1, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Every Friday, I share my favorite food finds in a series called Food Fetish Friday. I love this post so much I’m featuring it as part of the roundup (with a link-back and attribution) and I hope you have no objections. It’s a pleasure following your creations…

• simplyscratch replied: — June 1st, 2012 @ 7:00 pm

I have no problem what-so-ever! and thank you 🙂

Lisa — June 1, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I love every recipe of yours I’ve tried, and I think this one will continue the tradition. ( : I have one question: you mention a 5 oz can of condensed milk and then in the comments, evaporated milk…just want to make sure which one to use? thank you!

Krista — June 3, 2012 at 5:37 pm

This pie was delicious! Sooo easy to make and impressive
    for company. A little whipped cream and chocolate
    shavings and you’re good to go!

ceiona — September 17, 2015 at 12:56 pm