Soy {tamari}, Ginger + Lime Grilled Turkey Tenderloins

With summer in full force I’ve noticed that the “want” to grocery shop is getting less… and lesser. Those who know me are probably wondering if I’m feelin’ all right, because I happily go to the grocery store 2-3 times a week at the minimum. But right now I’d much rather lay on the beach with my toes in the sand, flipping through a Bon Appetit mag than walk around the freakishly frigid grocery store pushing the only cart with a squeaky wheel, begging my kids to stop asking for everything they see on the store shelves and praying I can get out of there under fifty bucks.

I’m sure they’d rather be at the beach also…

5943511560_c8b14c734c_o

But it was Friday and I needed something fun and easy to make to shop for. Lately its been really warm, so the oven was going to remain off. And I was getting tired of the same-old same grilled food. I wanted to grill something different… something like…

Turkey. The other-other white meat.

Soy-ginger-lime three flavors that work deliciously well together!

I roughly chopped up about 3/4 an inch of fresh ginger, smash and peeled three small garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped a large shallot. I then just threw them all into my mini food processor, turned it on and it quickly minced them all up for me. Bingo-bango. You really need a food processor for this recipe… I think you can pick up a mini one for under 20 bucks these days! But I can’t promise the same results if you chop and blend everything by hand.

Then I eyeballed a tablespoon or so of honey.

And a quarter cup of soy sauce.

Guesstimated a quarter cup of light olive oil, and I also squeezed in the juice of an entire lime…

But I was too busy squeezing to take a picture of that so you’ll just have to use your imagination with this here photo. Thanks.

Season with some fresh cracked black pepper.

And blitz it again until it’s well blended.

Pour the ginger-soy-lime marinade over top of the turkey tenderloins and let sit at room temp for 25-30 minutes. While that hangs out on your counter you could preheat your grill to medium heat.

Once hot, slap them on the grill and let them cook for about 6-8 minutes per side or until cooked thoroughly. Keep in mind every ones grill is different.

Once cooked, let the meat rest for 2-5 minutes.

Here is where you could do a couple of things. Leave as is and serve with a crisp salad or some rice.

But I’ll show you what I did…

Because the turkey tenderloin is so stinkin’ moist, I shredded it with my bare hands. Aka, my meat claws.

Then I preheated my panini press.

Sliced up some avocado… I seem to be addicted to them lately.

Grate some cheese…

Like Chihuahua… it’s the best melting cheese… for things like quesadillas.

Get your tortillas…

Lay it on the preheated panini press. If you don’t have a panini press, no biggie… just a plain old pan will work.

Start by layering the shredded turkey…

Lay on some avocado and lots of cheese… then top with another tortilla.

And press and grill until crispy.

The avocado gets all soft and buttery… the cheese is gooey… the turkey is indescribable. Oh-MY LORD!!! It had the most amazing flavors, Pat and I kept sneaking pieces… it was unbelievable! The ginger, garlic and soy was harmoniously balanced by lime and the mild shallots! If you wanna impress someone, seal a deal or land a ring on your left hand… make this marinade!

Oh~ and earlier in the day I whipped up some mango salsa and thought it would taste perfect on top of these quesadillas… and it was! I’ll be posting that recipe later… but for now I’ll give you the marinade recipe.

Peace out.

Soy {tamari}, Ginger + Lime Grilled Turkey Tenderloins

A 30 minute marinade!

2 small cloves of Garlic, smashed and peeled

1 large Shallot, peeled and quartered

1 Lime, juiced

3/4 inch of Ginger, roughly chopped

1/4 cup Tamari

1/4 cup Light Olive Oil

1 tablespoon Honey

1/8 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper

1 pkg of 4 Turkey Breast Tenderloins {1.25 lbs}

Place turkey in a shallow dish. Combine the garlic, ginger and shallots in a mini-food processor and process until minced. Next add the honey, soy sauce, olive oil, lime juice and black pepper. Blend until thoroughly combined. Pour marinade over turkey and let sit at room temperature for 25-30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium heat and cook for 6-8 minutes per side or until done. Let rest for 5 minutes.

20 Responses to “Soy {tamari}, Ginger + Lime Grilled Turkey Tenderloins”

Nichole — July 18, 2011 at 1:22 pm

well, as always it looks delish and I can't wait to make it…however, when did you get a panini press – how did this slip by me? I'm so upset – I need a panini now! 🙂

Pretend Chef — July 18, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Oh my. This looks so delicious especially with the mango salsa. Yummy! Maybe a panini press is what I'll buy with my Williams-Sonoma gift card.

Jennifurla — July 18, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Perfection, great idea. A change from the norm, and I like it.

Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks — July 18, 2011 at 3:55 pm

This is on my "to-make" list!

Valerie — July 18, 2011 at 4:06 pm

This seasoning sounds really good, i think i'll use it soon, i really like changes and tortillas!!

Aarthi — July 18, 2011 at 4:35 pm

this looks absolutely delicious..I want it now..

Andrea the Kitchen Witch — July 18, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I am in love with this marinade. Ginger, soy, lime & honey, HELLO delicious!!! I love that its been made into a quesadilla. Yum! I want to eat this now, they look absolutely divine!

kellie2vs — July 18, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I just came by today to make granola, but the turkey looks so yummy, then the quesadillas!!! Oh my, I know what we are having for dinner tonight!!!

Brenda — July 18, 2011 at 8:15 pm

i was lucky enough to stop by just as pat, laurie and the girls finished this meal. i was graciously served the final dish! OH MY GOSH!! this is SO good. so many good things about it you'll just have to try it!

Cassie @ Bake Your Day — July 19, 2011 at 1:07 am

Everything about this sounds wonderful. I love the flavor combinations, and it sounds so good with turkey. And not to mention the addition of the avocados and tortillas! I will b e trying this very soon!

Erin — July 19, 2011 at 12:57 pm

WOW! That is one amazing quesadilla! I love turkey tenderloins, they are so good when you marinade and grill time! Great recipe!

Isabelle — July 19, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Great marinade idea! I've never seen turkey tenderloins at my butcher or supermarket, but I'm sure I can use the marinade with chicken or turkey breast instead.
    Love the quesadillas, too… melty cheese makes everything better. 🙂

ravienomnoms — July 19, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Oh wow! That looks amazing!! I am drooling over here. I love that marinade you used. Sounds really good. I will have to try this soon! Every time I come here you have the most amazing things… 🙂

Adora's Box — July 19, 2011 at 1:50 pm

What a fantastic dish!. I love the Asian style marinade you've used and can imagine how much that flavoured the turkey. The additional ingredients before grilling… I can't say much about that…because I'm drooling too much already.

Kelly @ Eat Yourself Skinny — July 19, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Wow this looks fantastic! What a great recipe!! 🙂

Sandra — July 19, 2011 at 4:20 pm

This really really looks amazingly delicious! What a flavor..wow, and it sounds perfect for this time of the year!

Amanda — July 20, 2011 at 9:33 pm

these look amazingly delicious. loving that chicken, too!

Nicole — July 21, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Amazing pictures BTW!

humming bird — November 24, 2011 at 6:29 am

Wow!! Simply amazing, I will make one for me. Thanks for the mouthwatering pictures.

1. Pingback: Grilled Turkey Tacos + Mango Radish Salsa | Healthy Nutrition Jumpstart