Mango Cucumber Salsa

I remember the first time I tried mango salsa. It was on top of a thick piece of grilled salmon. I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor and it was definitely love at first bite.

5947234460_54927a89ff_o

You can totally make mango salsa with just about any ingredients. You can toss it up savory style with red peppers and jalapenos or a sweet salsa with strawberries and kiwi. Either way you like it, a mango salsa recipe is a much needed recipe to have on file.

Here’s one of mine!

Dice a mango up… if you need some help on how to do it you can see instructions here!

Dice up about a 1/4 cup of cucumber. I like to use those hot house cucumbers, you know the ones that are long and skinny and usually wrapped in plastic? I scoop out and discard the seeds so the salsa doesn’t get all watery. I use about a third of that which should equal about a 1/4 cup {give or take}

You’ll need a whole lime too.

Some finely diced red onion, about a third cup.

Some cilantro.

Salt and peppa. Who remembers that group?

Add the diced fruit and veg to a medium sized bowl.

Season with some sea salt and fresh black pepper.

Measure a tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro and add that to the bowl as well.

Squeeze out the juice of an entire lime.

Toss and taste to check the seasoning, then refrigerate for at least and hour before serving.

Serve with chips, on grilled salmon or on tasty turkey and avocado quesadillas!

Mango and Cucumber Salsa

1 Mango, diced small

1/4 cup Hot House Cucumber, seeded and diced small

1/3 cup Red Onion, diced small

1 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, chopped

1 Lime, juiced

Sea Salt and Black Pepper, to taste

Place the diced mango, cucumber, red onion and chopped cilantro in a bowl. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Squeeze the juice of an entire lime on top and toss to combine. Taste for seasoning, then refrigerated for at least one hour and serve.

10 Responses to “Mango Cucumber Salsa”

CrystalsCozyKitchen — July 20, 2011 at 4:39 am

I love mango salsa. I've never made it myself, Hubby doesn't like mangos so I'd have to eat it all by myself. Hmmm… that doesn't seem like such a bad thing. Thanks for sharing, this looks delicious.

Yasmeen — July 20, 2011 at 11:29 am

Just adore mango salsa, especially with grilled fish. Might just take the onions out, but otherwise looks fantastic!

theblogisthenewblack — July 20, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Laurie- this looks wonderful! I love mango/fruit salsas. YUM!

Pretend Chef — July 20, 2011 at 12:58 pm

First of all I'm loving the font with the photos. This makes me want to whip up a batch of my black bean mango salsa. I have a friend who constantly calls for the recipe whenever she has a get together but fails to write down the recipe. I will need to pass this along to her next time and see how she likes it. This looks incredible. Yummy!

Adora's Box — July 20, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Vibrant in colour and flavour. This salsa will go well with everything.

Jennifurla — July 20, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Love, bright freshing. I recently has something like this with a crab cake sandwich, I loved it

Erin — July 21, 2011 at 12:16 am

I need to get some mangos and do something with them. Everyone is posting such great mango recipes, and I have never cooked or eaten one in my house!

Nicole — July 21, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Nice recipe! Looks like a great combination.

LBC — July 24, 2011 at 4:06 pm

This is incredible! I had it with the soy-ginger-lime turkey quesedillas and as a topping on the Spicy Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork. Perfect for both!

1. Pingback: Friends, food, and the Fourth of July | Between the Lines