Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia

This easy lemon garlic tilapia is as simple as it is delicious! Tilapia is brushed with a fresh lemon, garlic a herb butter, then quickly broiled. Perfect for any night of the week.

Can I share a little secret with you?

I love coffee. Especially when it’s the first cup of coffee. I love coffee so piping hot it almost burns my lips. I love coffee more than potatoes, more than chocolate brownies… almost more than my new pots and pans. But they’re shiny, new and expensive so they win the number one spot. I’m tellin you all of this because… It’s 11:21pm. And at approximately 11:07pm I brewed a large pot of coffee. Why? Well… because I wanted to.

What you’ve never brewed a pot of coffee just short of midnight? Well try it sometime. Take a risk. Be a rebel.

So, now would probably be a good time to apologize to you.

Because this recipe has nothing to do with coffee… quite the opposite actually.

Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia l SimplyScratch.com

The recipe I’m about to bestow upon your eyes is probably one of the easiest recipes you will find here on Simply Scratch. All right, maybe the second easiest, ya know… next to the Nutella Banana Split. But it is easy… and boy-o-boy is it ever tasty!

It’s so good that my girls quickly gobble it up and ask for seconds! And when kids ask for seconds, you know you did good!

Here… how about I shut up and show you how it’s done!

Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia l SimplyScratch.com
Pull the ingredients out and get going. What I love about this recipe is that the simplest of ingredients create such a delicious dish.

Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia l SimplyScratch.com
Into a medium bowl; press or mince one garlic clove.

Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia l SimplyScratch.com
Add the juice of half a lemon and the melted butter.

Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia l SimplyScratch.com
Finely chop up about two tablespoons of fresh parsley.

Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia l SimplyScratch.com
And add that along with the kosher salt and black pepper.

Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia l SimplyScratch.com
Whisk until combined and the salt and pepper are mixed throughout.

Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia l SimplyScratch.com
Arrange the tilapia on a small baking sheet. My sheet pan is non-stick, but if it wasn’t I’d line with foil.

Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia l SimplyScratch.com
Drizzle equal amounts on to each fillet.

Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia l SimplyScratch.com

And spread around to evenly cover the fish. Place in a preheated oven for 6-8 minutes. Then rotate the pan and put the broiler on for 5 more minutes or until the fish is completely opaque and flakes.

Serve and enjoy! I like to serve this tilapia with this broccoli recipe and brown rice.

Ps… Your house will smell amazing!

Enjoy! And if you give this Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia recipe a try, let me know by snapping a photo and tagging me on twitter or instagram!

Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia l SimplyScratch.com

Easy Lemon-Garlic Tilapia

Yield: 4 servings

Cook Time: 10-12 minutes

Total Time: 20

4 Fresh Tilapia Fillets

Half a Lemon, juiced

3 tablespoon Butter, melted

1 Clove of Garlic, pressed or finely minced

2 tablespoons Minced Fresh Parsley

1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt

Black Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Use a non-stick baking sheet or line with foil.

Pat the tilapia dry with paper towels. Place fillets in baking sheet and set aside.

Quickly press the garlic into a small bowl, and then add the melted butter, juice of half a lemon, the minced fresh parsley and then the salt and pepper. Whisk until combined and then drizzle the garlic butter evenly on top of tilapia fillets, and then brush to cover the entire tilapia fillet.

Bake in preheated oven until the fish is starting to turn opaque, about 6 minutes. Then turn on the broiler on high and broil for 3-5 more minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes when pulled apart with a fork. Serve hot!

19 Responses to “Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia”

Amanda — May 10, 2011 at 3:38 am

this may be my very first foray into fish. it seems just about easy enough even for me 🙂

yasmeen — May 10, 2011 at 6:29 am

yum! a perfect weeknight meal, and a great way to show people how easy and satisfying it is to cook from nature.

i miss tilapia for its versatility and cost modest cost. it's not as readily available here as it is in the US… must find an alternative!

Holly Henry — May 10, 2011 at 12:08 pm

This looks wonderfully delicious and perfect to prepare on a warm summer day!

Holly

You can visit me @ http://www.simplequintessentialcuisine.com.

Pretend Chef — May 10, 2011 at 1:18 pm

We have a giant box of frozen tilapia fillets and this would be a great variation to our standard. Yummy!

ravienomnoms — May 10, 2011 at 1:55 pm

This might have to be another recipe of yours that I try. The shrimp was OUTSTANDING! I made it this past weekend…it was my latest post. It was so good…

I think this one might be one to try this weekend…yum!

Kay Heritage — May 10, 2011 at 1:55 pm

What perfectly healthy way to eat tilapia! This looks wonderful, Laurie! 🙂

Nichole — May 10, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Coffee at almost midnight? you are a rebel – lol! But glad you posted this; it looks so tasty and simple 🙂

Jennifurla — May 10, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I wish I could drink coffe all day, but my "sleep" issues prevent it. I love love it too! Love my Keurig the most.

Also Love LOVE a simple meal, like this one.

Jenny Eisen — May 10, 2011 at 10:56 pm

I love cooking tilapia. Its so easy and cheap. I'm gonna have to try this one. I think i've got a few recipes on my blog…go ahead and follow if you'd like http://jennyeisen.blogspot.com

jennifer — May 11, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I love my tilapia just like this! All it needs is just a pinch of seasoning to make it pop. So good!

Laura Jo — May 11, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I tried your recipe last night and loved it! Thank you!

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} — May 11, 2011 at 11:01 pm

I LOVE coffee as much as you….maybe more? Then again I would not dare brew a pot just shy of midnight, but I love that you did. My habit starts at 4am & wraps around 4pm. Good times. This tilapia looks light and fabulous!

Aarthi — May 16, 2011 at 4:43 am

i am not a big fan of fish..but this makes me hungry…

Check my blog and if you wish just follow me…

Kita — May 16, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Can't go wrong with a simple and easy fish dinner. I love them. I prefer my fish simple and not 'over dressed'. Im sure I'd ask for seconds too!

Heather — October 3, 2015 at 8:58 pm

This was delicious! The flavors were just right. Thank you for posting this recipe!

Josh — October 5, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Have to say this was very, very good. Bonus: it was also fast and pretty easy! I added quite a bit of fresh ground black pepper, and sprinkled more on before broiling. I also greased the pan with a little coconut oil. We used some very cheap, frozen Tilapia fillets from a wholesale club, and I’ve rarely had a tastier fish. Bravo!

elizabeth@top cookware online — May 25, 2016 at 11:30 pm

This was tasty! I didn’t have lemon pepper so I just subbed regular fresh-cracked black pepper and added a bit more lemon juice. I served this with some israeli couscous with grated pecorino-romano and some steamed broccoli. Super easy weeknight dish. Thanks!

1. Pingback: 5 Reasons Why You Should Begin Menu Planning

2. Pingback: Lemon Garlic Tilapia (GF, DF, Egg, Soy, Peanut, Tree nut Free)