This easy lemon garlic tilapia is as simple as it is delicious! Tilapia is brushed with a fresh lemon, garlic a herb butter, then quickly broiled. Perfect for any night of the week.
This is one of the easiest recipes you will find here on Simply Scratch.
It’s so good that my girls quickly gobble it up and ask for seconds! And when kids ask for seconds, you know it’s good!
To Make This Easy Lemon Garlic Tilapia You Will Need:
- juice of half a lemon
- melted butter
- fresh parsley
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 4 fresh tilapia fillets
First, pull the ingredients out and get going. What I love about this recipe is that the simplest of ingredients create such a delicious dish.
Next, into a medium bowl, press or add in one minced garlic clove.
Then add the juice of half a lemon and 3 tablespoons melted butter.
Next, finely chop up about 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley.
And then add that along with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
Next, whisk until combined and the salt and pepper are mixed throughout.
Then, arrange 4 tilapia on a small baking sheet. My sheet pan is non-stick, but if it wasn’t I’d line with foil or spray with olive oil.
Pat the tilapia dry with paper towel before dividing the lemon garlic mixture onto each fillet.
And then spread around to evenly cover the fish. Place in a preheated oven for 6-8 minutes. Then rotate the pan and put the broiler on for 3 to 5 more minutes or until the fish is completely opaque and flakes.
Serve and enjoy! I like to serve this tilapia with this broccoli recipe and brown or wild rice.
Ps… Your house will smell incredible!
Easy Lemon-Garlic Tilapia
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tilapia fillets
- Preheat oven to 375°. Use a non-stick baking sheet or line with foil.
- Pat the tilapia dry with paper towels. Place fillets in baking sheet and set aside.
- Quickly press the garlic into a small bowl, and then add the melted butter, juice of half a lemon, the minced fresh parsley and then the salt and pepper. Whisk until combined and then drizzle the garlic butter evenly on top of tilapia fillets, and then brush to cover the entire tilapia fillet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the fish is starting to turn opaque, about 6 minutes. This will depend on the size of your filets.
- Then turn on the broiler on high and broil for 3-5 more minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes when pulled apart with a fork. Serve hot!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!