Zucchini Corn Fritters are simple and bursting with sweet corn, garden zucchini, jalapeño and parmesan cheese. Serve with homemade yum yum sauce (or sauce of choice) and snipped fresh chives. Yields 10 fritters.
I’ve made this recipe 3 times in the last month because… well, because clearly I’m obsessed. And well, recipe testing and all that. I think this recipe comes together rather quickly and is the perfect way to use up those few ears of sweet corn and leftover zucchinis rolling in your produce drawer. I like to serve it with my homemade yum yum sauce and snipped fresh chives.
The hot crisp fritters paired with the cool ant tangy, flavorful sauce is a match made in food heaven.
Although this recipe serves 10, I could make it serve me, myself and I.
To Make These Zucchini Corn Fritters You Will Need:
- zucchini – You’ll need two medium in size.
- kosher salt – Needed to draw out the moisture of the zucchini and flavor the fritters.
- fresh corn kernels – Cut straight off the cob.
- green onions – For a mild onion flavor.
- jalapeño – Adds delicious spicy flavor and texture.
- eggs – Acts as the bind to keep everything together.
- unbleached all-purpose flour – Helps create the batter and binds with the eggs and other ingredients.
- parmesan cheese – Use freshly grated for best flavor.
- garlic powder – Lends earthy and slightly bitter flavor.
- freshly ground black pepper – Lends flavor and bite.
- avocado oil – Or other neutral, flavorless oil that’s safe for panfrying.
- chives (fresh) – Adds a pop of fresh onion flavor.
- sauce or dip of choice – Like ranch, yum yum sauce or fry sauce. (I’ve linked a few sauces towards the end of the post.)
Wash and trim the ends of 2 medium zucchinis. On the large holes of your box grater, grate the zucchinis.
Transfer the grated zucchini to a clean kitchen towel or a few layers of cheesecloth. Season and toss the grated zucchini with 1 teaspoon kosher salt, let sit for 1o to 15 minutes. The salt will draw out the moisture of the zucchini.
Gather the ends of the towel, twist and squeeze the zucchini over a bowl to catch as much liquids as possible.
Gently press with the scoop or a spatula to flatten.
Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and repeat with remaining fritter batter. Serve immediately or keep them warm in a low oven.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and a sprinkle of snipped chives.
Sauces or Dips To Serve With Zucchini Corn Fritters:
- yum yum sauce – The perfect everything sauce.
- homemade Ranch – choose your favorite from this list.
- green goddess dressing – A great way to use up those herbs from the garden.
- fry sauce – A simple 2-ingredient sauce. Make it spicy by adding some sriracha.
Zucchini Corn Fritters
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, cut from the corncob
- 2 green onions (dark parts only), finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, or use extra light olive oil
- fresh chives, snipped, for serving
- On the large holes of your box grater, grate the zucchini. Transfer the shredded zucchini to a clean kitchen towel, tea towel or cheese cloth set into a medium bowl. Squeeze the as much liquid as possible out of the zucchini.
- Add the zucchini to a mixing bowl with the corn, green onions, jalapeño, eggs, flour, parmesan, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix well until combined.
- Heat the oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, line a rimmed baking sheet or platter with paper towel.
- Once hot, working in batches, use a 2-tablespoon scoop to measure out a few fritters at a time - I cook 4 at a time. Try not to over crowd the pan. Gently press with the scoop or a spatula to flatten.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, carefully turning and cooking for an additional 2 to 3 minutes more or until golden brown. Transfer to the paper towel lined plate and repeat with remaining fritter batter.
- Serve with dip of choice and snipped fresh chives. I love these with Yum Yum Sauce, but I would imagine ranch dressing would be delicious as well!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!