Dress up your salads with fresh and herbaceous Greek Yogurt Green Goddess Salad Dressing! Fresh herbs blend with greek yogurt, a little mayo, lemon juice and garlic for a lighter take on the beloved classic.
First things first…
What is Green Goddess Dressing?
Aptly named for its vibrant green color, this salad dates back to the Palace Hotel (San Diego, California) in 1923 (thank you, google) and is a creamy dressing consisting of fresh herbs, mayonnaise and usually contains anchovies.
While I can’t say I’ve had authentic green goddess dressing, I do enjoy Panera Bread’s green goddess dressing and their cobb salad. So much in fact that I tried to copy their dressing. Of course they don’t just hand recipes over, so I used some herbs I have growing in my garden, said a prayer and whipped this deliciously fresh dressing up in minutes.
When you arrive to the bottom of this post, you’ll see I did my best to copy their salad too. 🙊
To Make Greek Yogurt Green Goddess Salad Dressing You Will Need:
- plain nonfat greek yogurt – Adds tang and creaminess.
- mayonnaise – Helps tame the tang from the yogurt while lending flavor and creaminess.
- parsley (fresh) – Lends bright and herbaceous flavor.
- basil (fresh) – Adds fresh flavor with subtle anise and mint notes.
- cilantro – Lends fresh, citrusy (and to some soapy) flavor.
- green onions – For a mild onion flavor.
- garlic – This adds distinct and punchy flavor.
- lemon juice – Adds acidity and will enhance the flavors in the salad.
- kosher salt – Used to season and draw out flavor.
For this recipe, you will need 1/4 cup of each (packed) fresh parsley, cilantro and basil. Prep your herbs by removing any tough stems and giving them a rinse in a colander. Pat them dry with paper towel or clean kitchen towel.
Into your blender or food processor, add 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt and 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
To that, add 1 small to medium clove of garlic and 1/4 cup lemon juice.
Toss in all the herbs and green onions.
Secure the lid and process until smooth. Lastly, taste and season with kosher salt to your liking.
That color though.
Fresh and herbaceous. I love this dressing!
Now all you need is the perfect salad to drizzle it on. Lucky for you, I’ve got ya covered.
Hello, copycat Panera cobb salad! In a salad bowl, I threw in chopped romaine, cherry tomato halves, sliced avocado, chopped (chicken) bacon, quartered hardboiled eggs and crumbles of blue cheese. And if I had leftover grilled chicken, I would’ve added that too.
Would you just look at that! >insert heart eye emoji<
Click Here For More Panera Copycat recipes!
Greek Yogurt Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves (packed)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves (packed)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (packed)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, or about 3
- kosher salt, to taste
- In a highspeed blender or food processor, add yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, garlic, herbs and green onions.
- Secure the lid and process until smooth. Taste and season with salt.
- Keep refrigerated in an air tight jar and use dressing within 1 week.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!