A quick how to on making Whole Roasted Sweet Potatoes. Easy and my go-to method for perfectly cooked sweet potatoes. Serves 4 but can easily be doubled or cut in half.
Whole roasted sweet potatoes are a healthy, nutrient-packed side to just about anything. I especially love them topped with salted butter and brown sugar. However, just salt and pepper is perfectly delicious too.
You can enjoy them warm or cold. I like to make them in advance and enjoy them throughout the week. In fact, I roasted these last Monday and enjoyed them for majority of the week until I made this epic grilled peach salad. Best week ever.
To Make Whole Roasted Sweet Potatoes You Will Need:
- sweet potatoes
- olive oil
I prefer to use olive oil spray to avoid using too much oil, but you can use whatever oil you have on hand.
Spray or oil all sides of the sweet potato and really massage it into the skin. This will add flavor to the sweet potato skins.
Roast at 375° for 50 minutes or up to 1 hour and 15 minutes. This will depend on the size of your sweet potatoes as larger potatoes will take longer. obviously😂
Insert a knife or fork, if it glides in effortlessly, you are good to go.
Toppings For Whole Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
- your favorite nut butter
- brown sugar
For More How-To’s click here!
Whole Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- olive oil, spray or bottled
- Preheat oven to 375° and scrub sweet potatoes. Pat dry and place on a rimmed, metal baking sheet.
- Spray or toss potatoes with olive oil and massage it into the skin.
- Once your oven is preheated, bake the sweet potatoes on the middle rack for 50 minutes or up to 1 hour and 15. This will depend on the size of your sweet potatoes.
- Potatoes are done when a fork or knife pierces effortlessly.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!