White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn is so easy and delicious! Air-popped popcorn coated in white chocolate and peppermint candy dust. A perfect, quick and festive treat! Yields about 8 cups.
This is your friendly reminder to make White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn this holiday season.
Really it’s so easy and so much fun – especially if making it with kids. And it’s the perfect sweet treat to have on hand during the holidays when you’re in the mood for something sweet.
One thing is for sure, this holiday popcorn should come with a warning label because it’s extremely addictive.
To Make White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn You Will Need:
- candy canes – Or use peppermint hard candies.
- popcorn kernels – I use white popcorn kernels for this recipe.
- white chocolate – The candy melts are so easy, however chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (bars) would also work.
- fine salt – Adds a little something-something and balances all the sweet.
In the bowl of a mini food processor break up and add about 6 candy canes. Secure the lid and process until they turn into fine candy cane dust. This will yield about 1/4 cup.
NOTE: I like to reserve 1 tablespoon to sprinkle over top at the end.
For this recipe, it’s best to pop the popcorn kernels in an air popper. I searched amazon for the one I have and couldn’t find it so I linked to a similar one in the printable recipe. You’ll need 1/3 cup of white popcorn kernels.
Following the manufacturers directions to your air popper, air pop the popcorn kernels into an extra-large bowl.
Once popped it should be about 8 cups of popcorn.
Start with 16 ounces of white chocolate melts, white chocolate chips or you can chop up two 8 ounce bars of Ghirardelli white chocolate into pretty similar size pieces. Add them to a heat-safe bowl or large liquid measuring cup and follow the package directions for melting.
Stir until smooth and no lumps.
While the chocolate is still warm, pour it over the pop corn.
Use a large rubber spatula and gently toss until the popcorn is evenly coated.
Sprinkle with the candy cane dust.
Give that a gentle toss to coat as well.
Spread the white chocolate candy can popcorn onto a parchment or wax paper lined, rimmed baking sheet. And sprinkle with a pinch of fine salt.
Let that sit until the chocolate has set.
Break up any large clumps and prepare to fall in love.
How To Store White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn:
Once the chocolate has set, gently break up any large pieces and transfer to a gallon size resealable bag or air-tight storage container.
How Long Will White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Last?
If stored properly, it should last about 1 week. That’s if you don’t finish it before then. 😉
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
- 1/3 cup white popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup finely crushed candy canes, or about 6 candy canes
- 16 ounces white chocolate melts, or use 15 ounce bag of white chocolate chips or 2 (8 ounce) bars
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
CRUSH THE CANDY CANES:
- Add broken up candy canes into the bowl of your mini food processor and process until they are somewhat of a fine dust.NOTE: I reserve 1 tablespoon of candy cane dust to sprinkle on top once spread out on the pan. This is optional of course.
MAKE THE POPCORN:
- Following the manufacturers directions to your air popper, air pop the popcorn kernels into an extra-large bowl.
- Add the chocolate melts to a heat-safe bowl (or large liquid measuring cup) and follow the package directions for melting. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the popcorn and use a rubber spatula to gently toss it until the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with candy cane dust and gently mix to coat once more.
- Spread the popcorn on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with a small pinch of fine salt and reserved candy cane dust.
- Let the chocolate set up on the counter or pop into the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes. Break up any large pieces and enjoy!
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!