Watermelon Lemonade is a refreshing spin on the traditional summer favorite. Just pop the ingredients into your blender and puree, strain and pour over ice. Sip and repeat.
What has 4 ingredients and is refreshingly delicious?
Two words: Watermelon. Lemonade.
We are a lemonade loving family. If it’s summertime, there’s always some form of lemonade in our fridge. Over the years I’ve made a few variations like this vanilla gem or the always favorite honey lavender. Last month I shared my “old fashioned” recipe and while making it, I thought about making a watermelon version. Simplified.
A refreshing lemonade that can be easily whipped up after a day out on the lake. One that didn’t require making a simple syrup or much effort at all. Who doesn’t like the idea of just throwing everything into a blender and (theoretically) pouring it over ice?
To Make This Watermelon Lemonade You Will Need:
- lemon juice
- powdered sugar
- fresh mint for serving
Add 1 pound fresh seedless watermelon into your blender. You’ll need a large enough blender that will hold 8 cups or more.
To the watermelon, add 1 cup fresh lemon juice.
Then measure and add 1 cup powdered sugar and 6 cups cold water.
Secure the lid of your blender and blend on high until everything is incorporated.
That color tho!
Set a mesh strainer over a large bowl with a spout and strain the watermelon lemonade. Discard the pulp and either chill until ready to serve or…
Pour the watermelon lemonade into a large pitcher and serve immediately.
Note: before serving, I recommend tasting and adjust the lemonade to your preference. Like it more lemony? Add more (1/4 to 1/2 cup more) lemon juice. Love a super sweet lemonade? Up the powdered sugar. Easy-peasy.
To serve, simply fill a glass to the top with ice and pour that refreshing liquid gold over top. For a pop of color try adding a sprig of fresh mint to each glass. Deliciously fresh and thirst quenching. Tastes like the best of summer.
Want a boozy lemonade?
Add 1-1/2 to 2 ounces silver tequila to make this an adult lemonade.
- 1 pound seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup lemon juice, more or less to taste
- 1 cup powdered sugar, more or less to taste
- 6 cups cold water
- 8 sprigs fresh mint, for serving
- Into an 8 cup blender, add the watermelon, lemon juice, powdered sugar and water.
- Secure the lid and process until smooth.
- Set a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl (if chilling first) and strain the watermelon lemonade. This will catch any unwanted pulp.
- Taste and adjust to your preference. i.e more lemon juice for tartness or more sugar for sweetness.
- Chill until ready to serve or pour into a serving pitcher.
- Fill glasses to the top with ice and pour the watermelon lemonade over top. Serve with a sprig of mint.
- Be sure to taste test and adjust sweetness or tartness to your preference.
- If storing in the fridge, you may need to stir it again before serving.
- For an adult watermelon lemonade, add 1-1/2 to 2 ounces of tequila.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!