This Thai Cabbage Salad is light, healthy and so fresh! Shredded cabbage and romaine are tossed with carrot, sugar snap peas, bell pepper and peanuts before being tossed in a simple Thai dressing. This recipe will serve 6+.
Healthy. Crunchy. Delicious.
Which is to be expected when there’s crisp cabbage and romaine is tossed with carrots, sugar snap peas, bell pepper and peanuts in a simple Thai dressing? Making this salad fresh and deliciously healthy. Typically I serve roasted broccoli as a side with most things. But I’ve really become to love a good salad or slaw when I make any type of protein and rice dish. Like when I made this Korean bbq beef bowl. And more recently, this lemongrass chicken.
It’s the warm contrasting the cool and crisp for me.
As a meatless option, this salad is great on it’s own as well!
To Make This Thai Cabbage Salad You Will Need:
- Thai dressing
- green cabbage
- sugar snap peas
- bell pepper
- cilantro (not pictured 😔)
In a small jar, measure and add 1 teaspoon grated garlic, 1 teaspoon sambal oelek, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons peanut oil and 1 tablespoon coconut aminos.
Secure the lid and shake well to combine.
In a large mixing bowl, measure and add 2 (generous) cups shredded cabbage, 1 (generous) cup thinly sliced romaine lettuce, 3/4 cup chopped sugar snap peas, 1/2 cup both shredded carrot and thinly sliced red bell pepper, lastly add 1/3 cup chopped lightly salted peanuts.
Drizzle with the dressing.
Season with a pinch or two of kosher salt, to taste before tossing to combine.
Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh cilantro. You could toss the cilantro throughout before serving as well.
Thai Cabbage Salad
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, see notes
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 (generous) cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 (generous) cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 3/4 cup sugar snap peas, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
TO PREPARE THE DRESSING:
- In a glass jar or container with a tight fitting lid, measure and add the garlic, sambal oelek, fish sauce, lime juice, oil and coconut aminos. (see notes for substitutions)
- Secure the lid and shake well to combine.
TO PREPARE THE SALAD:
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cabbage, romaine, sugar snap peas, carrot, red bell pepper and peanuts.
- Drizzle with dressing and season with kosher salt (see notes) if using coconut aminos. Toss to combine.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped cilantro.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!