Sun-dried Tomato Tuna Salad is bright with flavor, wholesome and delicious! Wild caught tuna is dressed up with sun-dried tomatoes, lemon zest and capers. Serve in lettuce leaves or between toasted seedy whole grain bread.
Want something new and fresh for lunch?
Me too! On most days I flop between a salad, salmon and stir-fried veggies, and low-carb chicken wrap. I always forget about tuna fish. Until now.
I literally opened my fridge and added what I had on hand in a bowl and I was quite proud of the end result. Basically, wild caught tuna gets fancied up with chopped sun-dried tomato, garlic, lemon zest and capers. Personally, I love this tuna salad served with lots of crisp lettuce sandwiched between lightly toasted whole grain bread. But sometimes I just wrap it up in lettuce for a low-carb lunch.
This wholesome healthy lunch takes minutes – what’s not to love?
To Make This Sun-dried Tomato Tuna Salad You Will Need:
- plain non-fat greek yogurt
- garlic paste
- lemon zest
- tuna fish
- green onions
- sun-dried tomatoes
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, measure and add in 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons plain non-fat greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon garlic paste and the zest from a small lemon (about 1 teaspoon).
Stir well to combine.
Next add in 10 ounces (drained) partially flaked with a fork wild caught tuna (I love Wild Planet – not sponsored), 1/2 cup chopped celery, 3 green onions that have been sliced, a little less than 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (that were packed in oil – patted dry before chopping) and 1-1/2 tablespoons capers. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Stir to combine. Feel free to adjust the mayo/greek yogurt to your liking, add in more if only necessary.
Serve on toasted bread with crisp lettuce or skip the bread and enjoy it in a lettuce wrap.
Fresh, bright and loaded with flavor and absolutely delicious!
Lunch just got so much better!
Sun-dried Tomato Tuna Salad
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 tablespoons plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 small lemon, zested
- 10 ounces canned wild caught solid pack tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, that are packed in oil, chopped - see notes
- 1½ tablespoons capers, or to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, measure and add the mayonnaise, plain non-fat greek yogurt, minced fresh parsley, garlic paste and the lemon zest. Stir well to combine.
- Next add in the tuna, chopped celery, green onions that have been sliced, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and capers. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Adjust the mayo or yogurt in the salad if it needs more.
- Serve in romaine lettuce leaves or on toasted seedy bread.
- This tuna salad will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge if stored in an air-tight container. I do not recommend freezing.
- Blot the sundried tomatoes with paper towel (to absorb most of the oil) before chopping.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!