Summer Buffalo Grilled Chicken Salad is spicy, sweet and perfect. Chopped romaine and iceberg lettuce is tossed with blue cheese dressing and topped with grilled chicken drizzled with homemade buffalo sauce, thinly sliced celery, charred corn, pickled red onion and jalapeño.
Buffalo. Grilled chicken. Salad!
Inspired by my love for buffalo wings and celery and blue cheese dip, this salad is all that but also has a fun summer spin!
It starts with chopped romaine and iceberg lettuce lightly tossed in a homemade greek yogurt blue cheese dressing (or use your favorite), this gets topped with sweet and smoky charred sweet corn, spicy jalapeños, more blue cheese – because why not?, tangy pickled red onions and thinly slice grilled chicken drizzled with homemade buffalo sauce.
The flavor is a home run. Textures are superb. Spicy level is so addictive I can’t stop eating it. I’m not kidding you, this salad is SO unbelievably good that I ate it for lunch 6 days in a row.
Soon to be 7.
To Make This Summer Buffalo Grilled Chicken Salad You Will Need:
- romaine – The crunchy base of this salad.
- iceberg – Although little to no nutrition value, I love to bulk up romaine salads with chopped iceberg.
- blue cheese dressing – For this I use this greek yogurt blue cheese dressing.
- grilled chicken – Chicken breast or things, use your favorite. Season with a garlic herb spice blend.
- buffalo sauce – I always make my own buffalo sauce. Not entirely from scratch but it’s better than store-bought.
- pickled red onions – Takes minutes to make and adds a pop of color and delicious tang to this salad.
- charred sweet corn – You can grill corn on the cob for this or thaw frozen corn and toast in a dry skillet.
- thinly sliced celery – Use any leafy tops too! Those have so much flavor.
- jalapeño pepper – For a delicious spicy kick.
- blue cheese – Crumble over salad for that sharp, tangy and salty flavor.
- cilantro – For a pop of fresh, citrusy flavor.
Grill your chicken breasts however you prefer. I like using thin cut chicken breasts and toss them in a little olive oil (like a teaspoon) and use McCormick’s garlic herb seasoning. I’ve yet to create anything similar or as delicious.
Grill for 3 to 4 minutes a side or until fully cooked. Let these rest on a cutting board and then thinly slice.
I whipped up my buffalo sauce and this Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing.
And charred up some sweet corn. Hot, dry skillet + thawed sweet corn = deliciousness.
Lastly, chop, rinse and spin dry 1 small to medium head of romaine and iceberg. Toss them together in a large bowl.
Add desired amount of dressing.
And toss to lightly coat each leaf.
Plate up some of the dressed salad greens and top with sliced celery (and any leafy celery greens), charred corn, pickled red onions, jalapeños and sliced grilled chicken. Finally drizzle with a little buffalo sauce, extra blue cheese crumbles and cilantro – if desired.
Such a simple salad to throw together.
It’s deliciously spicy, blue cheesy with fresh summer twist. The charred corn adds delicious sweetness and the pickled onions helps balance all the spice and blue cheese goodness.
Prepare your tastebuds for this epic salad.
Summer Buffalo Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1 medium romaine lettuce head, chopped
- 1 mediu iceberg lettuce head, chopped
- 1/2 cup [Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing], or to taste
- 4 tablespoons pickled red onions
- 1 cup charred corn, see notes
- 2 short celery stalks, thinly sliced plus any leafy tops (chopped)
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 4 grilled chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons [buffalo wing sauce], or to taste
- blue cheese crumbles, for serving
- cilantro leaves, optional - for serving
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped romaine and iceberg with enough dressing until lightly coated.
- Divide among plates and top with pickled red onion, charred corn, sliced celery and leafy tops, jalapeño and thinly sliced grilled chicken.
- Drizzle with buffalo sauce and top with a little extra blue cheese and cilantro, if desired.
- Place fresh or thawed (if frozen) corn into a hot skillet and stir ocassionally until charred in spots.
- If making individual salads, I use 2 tablespoons of the greek yogurt blue cheese dressing per salad.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!