These Spanish-Style Mini Frittatas are loaded with chicken chorizo sausage, prosciutto, potatoes, peppers and manchego cheese. A healthy, satisfying breakfast for busy on-the-go mornings. Serves 6 or 2 mini frittatas per person.
If you’ve ever had Spanish style eggs then you know.
And if you’ve followed this blog for a while, you’re well aware of my love for mini frittatas. So I combined the two!
Mini frittatas are easy to meal prep and even easier to eat for breakfast in the morning. To make these lighter, I used chicken chorizo instead of traditional dry chorizo. And since I couldn’t find lomo (spanished cured pork tenderloin) I use prosciutto. And roasted red bell pepper instead of piquillo peppers. It’s all about improvising.
The end result? A slightly spicy, flavorful and loaded mini frittatas.
To Make These Spanish Style Mini Frittatas You Will Need:
- olive oil spray
- leftover potatoes
- chicken chorizo sausage
- egg whites
- ground black pepper
- roasted red pepper
Start by preheating your oven to 350° and spraying a standard muffin tin with nonstick spray.
NOTE: If your pan is a few years old, there is a chance that these will stick.
Divide 2/3 cup diced cooked potato, 3 ounces chicken chorizo sausage and 3 slices prosciutto that has been torn among the prepared pan.
In a mixing bowl, crack 6 eggs and 6 egg whites.
Whisk the eggs with the salt, pepper and until beaten and throughly combined.
Next add in the peppers and cheese.
Stir to combine.
Lastly, divide the egg mixture (about 1/4 cup per well) and pour it over the potatoes, sausage and prosciutto.
Slide the pan onto the middle rack of your preheated 350° oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the egg is set and the top of the mini frittatas are lightly golden.
Season with a pinch of paprika and serve them with a simple arugula salad. Arugula, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.
If making in advance:
Allow the mini frittatas to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Wrap in paper towel and microwave until warm – about 1 minute.
Spanish-Style Mini Frittatas
- olive oil spray
- 2/3 cup diced cooked potatoes
- 3 ounces diced chicken chorizo sausage
- 3 slices prosciutto, torn
- 6 large leggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red bell pepper or diced piquillo peppers
- 1/3 cup grated manchego cheese
- 2 pinches paprika
- Preheat your oven to 350° and spray a standard muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Divide the potatoes, chorizo and prosciutto among the cups.
- In a mixing bowl, crack 6 eggs and 6 egg whites. Whisk the eggs with the salt, pepper and until beaten and throughly combined.
- Next add in the peppers and cheese, stir to combine.
- Use a 1/4-cup measuring cup to evenly divide the mixture among the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika before serving.
TO STORE AND REHEAT:
- Allow the mini frittatas to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Wrap in paper towel and microwave until warm - about 1 minute.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!