In this Smoky Chipotle Corn Salsa, sweet corn is mixed with bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño and smoky chipotles in adobo and lime juice. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips for an addictive appetizer!
A Cinco de Mayo celebration isn’t complete without some form of a corn salsa.
At least not to me it isn’t. I love it and could easily make a meal out of this smoky corn salsa and a bag of tortilla chips. I suppose this is where I tell you about my life long obsession with corn salsa. If you do a quick search of “corn salsa” on this blog and you will see what I mean. I even have a recipe for corn pico de gallo.
In this smoky chipotle corn salsa, sweet corn along with a plethora of veggies, garlic and cilantro is tossed with fresh lime juice and minced chipotles and adobo. A smoky sweet corn salsa perfect with tortilla chips.
To Make This Smoky Chipotle Corn Salsa You Will Need:
- sweet corn
- roma tomatoes
- orange bell pepper
- red onion
- jalapeño pepper
- chipotle peppers in adobo
- lime juice
- kosher salt
Thaw 2 (16 ounce) bags of sweet corn. Add all the corn, plus 2 seeded and diced roma tomatoes, 1/3 cup diced red onion, 1 small orange bell pepper, 1 jalapeño (seeded – for less heat and diced), 2 minced cloves of fresh garlic and 2 chipotle peppers plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce.
Season with a pinch of sugar and some kosher salt.
Squeeze in 1/2 a large lime.
Use a rubber spatula to toss and combine.
If at all possible, chill this for an hour or so just so the flavors can meld and marry.
This recipe makes a generous amount. Leftover can be used in tacos, on nachos or in a salad.
Smoky Chipotle Corn Salsa
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, pepper (seeded or diced for less heat)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion, about 1/2 a medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, from chipotles
- 1/2 medium lime, juiced
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion, garlic, cilantro, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, lime juice, salt and sugar.
- Toss to combine and serve with tortilla chips.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!