This small-batch almond butter granola is a deliciously healthy and wholesome snack or topping. Oats are combined with almond butter, hemp hearts, chia seeds, ground flax and sweetened with maple syrup before baking until crisp and golden. Yields about 3 cups or 12 (1/4 cup) servings.
Meet my latest obsession.
This almond butter granola is a simple throw together snack consisting of rolled oats, hemp hearts, chia seeds and ground flax mixed with almond butter, ground cinnamon and sweetened with maple syrup. I love having this in a jar on my counter for sprinkling over yogurt or topping ice cream *swoon*. But I usually eat this by the handful when I’m feeling snacky.
The texture of this granola is soft yet crisp and buttery. Absolutely to die for.
Definitely a wholesome snack you can feel good about!
To Make This Almond Butter Granola You Will Need:
- old fashioned rolled oats
- shelled hemp hearts
- chia seeds
- ground flax
- fine salt
- cinnamon (ground)
- nutmeg (ground)
- almond butter
- maple syrup
Preheat your oven to 350°
In a large mixing bowl, measure and add 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats, 2 tablespoons shelled hemp hearts, 2 tablespoons chia seeds, 2 tablespoons ground flax, 1/2 teaspoon fine salt (sea or Himalayan), 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
Use a spatula to stir and combine.
Next add in 1/2 cup almond butter.
Then measure and add in 1/4 cup pure maple syrup.
And 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
Until thoroughly combined.
Transfer the granola mixture to a silicone mat lined, rimmed metal baking sheet.
Press until flat.
Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through to ensure even baking. Then use a spatula to break up the granola and carefully turning it over.
Bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Leave the granola on the pan to cool and firm up.
Store in an air-tight container or resealable bag for up to 1 month. Not that it will even make it that long, its SO good!
This almond butter granola makes for a delicious snack, especial on top of yogurt, ice cream or with fruit in a chia pudding parfait.
Almond Butter Granola
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons shelled hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt, sea or Himalayan
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, measure and add oats, hemp hearts, chia seeds, ground flax, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Next add in the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Mixed until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer granola mixture to a silicone mat lined, rimmed metal baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Use a spatula to break up the granola and then continue baking for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Allow the granola to cool on the pan before storing in an air-tight container for up to 1 month.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!