Dessert doesn’t get any easier than this Skillet S’mores Dip! A warm cast iron skillet is buttered, layered with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows before heading into a hot oven to get toasty. Serve with graham crackers and glasses of cold milk!
Craving s’mores but not so much the campfire? Do you love s’mores but hate the sticky fingers (<—me)? This skillet s’mores dip is the answer!
Pat and I recently went to a friends house for a bonfire and drinks and s’mores! It was so much fun and after my first or second s’more, I remembered making this s’mores dip a few years ago when our girls would have friends over. Albeit it was in a pie dish with a hodgepodge of different chocolate chips that I had leftover in little baggies in my cupboard and like 13 too many marshmallows.
But hey, the kids loved it.
This go round, we’re doing it all in a warm cast iron skillet. S’mores dip in minutes! Yes, minutes! It’s basically the perfect indoor treat.
Get your graham crackers ready!
To Make This Skillet S’mores Dip You Will Need:
- a 10-inch cast iron skillet
- milk chocolate chips
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- graham crackers – honey, chocolate or cinnamon
Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet on low and add in 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Once melted, brush the entire inside of the skillet before adding in 1-3/4 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup semi-sweet. The perfect balance of chocolate.
Why Cast Iron?
Besides it giving you camp-y vibes, it also retains heat really well so the chocolate will stay warm and melty for longer. If you don’t have a skillet, then a pie plate will suffice. Just don’t heat it on the stove top, the microwave is a safer option for glass.
Top the chocolate chips with 3 to 4 handfuls of mini marshmallows, enough to cover the top in roughly a single layer.
Slide the skillet into your preheated 450° and bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until the tops are golden.
If you happen to notice the chocolate chips look like they still have their shape and haven’t melted, one swipe of a graham cracker and they will implode on impact.
Dip on friends! And enjoy the ASMR sound of the crackly toasted marshmallows as your break through them to reach the chocolate.
Have a safe and relaxing Labor Day!
For More Desserts and Sweet Treats Click Here!
Skillet S'mores Dip
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet
- mini marshmallows
- graham crackers, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 450°.
- On your stovetop, heat a 10-inch skillet on low. When warm, add in the butter and once melted, use a pastry brush to coat the sides and bottom of the skillet.
- Turn off the heat, add the chocolate chips and top with the marshmallows in a thin layer.
- Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes or until the tops of the marshmallows is golden brown.
- Carefully transfer the skillet to a trivet (the pan will be hot!) and serve warm with graham crackers.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!