A Shoreline Salad is made of tender salad greens that are topped with cooked bacon, salty salami, and crispy fried shallots, creamy avocado, fresh cucumber drizzled in a homemade avocado ranch dressing. The dressing yields 1½ cups or 12 (2 tablespoon) or 8 (3 tablespoon) servings. The salad recipe yields 4 salads, but can easily be scaled up or down.
This salad was inspired by a salad I regretted not ordering.
A few weeks ago, my family and I spent a week on St. Pete Beach. We relaxed on the white sand beaches, swam in the pool, ate allthefood and spent quality time together. One morning we stopped by this cute place that makes smoothies, breakfast toasts, salads, wellness shots, açai bowls… you name it. Pat and I just had ate breakfast, but the girls wanted smoothie bowls so we stopped by.
While reading over their menu, my eyes landed on the shoreline salad. Everything listed in this salad spoke to me. Bacon, salami, avocado, parmesan cheese… avocado ranch. Needless to say, I thought about that salad the remainder of our trip.
Once back home, I was going to make this salad happen. And, let me tell you, it didn’t disappoint.
To Make A Shoreline Salad You will Need:
- avocado ranch
- salad greens
- cooked center cut bacon
- hardboiled eggs
- fried shallot
- parmesan cheese
To Make The Avocado Ranch You Will Need:
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- worcestershire sauce
- dried chives
- dried dill
- garlic powder
- dried parsley
- kosher salt
- onion powder
- ground black pepper
In your blender or magic bullet, measure and add 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 1 small avocado, 6 tablespoons buttermilk and 2 dashes worcestershire.
Then measure and add in 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chives, 1 teaspoon dried dill, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper and 2 to 4 tablespoons of water to thin the dressing out to your desired consistency.
Blend until all ingredients are incorporated.
Cover and refrigerate the avocado ranch dressing until ready to serve.
Cook 8 strips of center cut bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towel and then roughly chop.
Once you’ve cooked the bacon, add 2 sliced shallot into the bacon grease and cook, stirring often until golden and crispy.
Drain on paper towel and set off to the side.
Build your salads by dividing 8 ounces of salad greens into 4 bowls or make 1 large salad. Divide 6 ounces of cubed salami, chopped bacon, 1 cup sliced cucumber, 4 hardboiled eggs, 2 sliced avocados, the crispy shallots and sprinkle each salad with 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese.
Drizzle with spoonfuls of the avocado ranch dressing.
Lastly, add freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Crisp, crunchy, fresh, salty, creamy, delicious.
FOR THE AVOCADO RANCH:
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 small avocado
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 dashes worcestershire
- 1½ teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water, or more as needed
FOR THE SALAD:
- 8 ounces salad greens
- 8 strips cooked center cut bacon
- 2 large shallot, sliced
- 6 ounces salami, diced
- 4 hardboiled eggs, quartered
- 2 small avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
MAKE THE AVOCADO RANCH:
- In your blender or magic bullet, measure and add yogurt, avocado, buttermilk and worcestershire, dried chives, dried dill, garlic powder, dried parsley, kosher salt, onion powder, paprika, ground black pepper and 2 to 4 tablespoons of water to thin the dressing out to your desired consistency.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
MAKE THE SALAD:
- Cook 4 to 5 strips of center cut bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towel and then roughly chop.
- Add the sliced shallot into the bacon grease and cook, stirring often until golden and crispy. Drain on paper towel and set off to the side.
- Build your salads by dividing salad greens into 2 bowls. Then divide the salami, bacon, sliced cucumber, hardboiled eggs, avocado, crispy shallots and sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with spoonfuls of avocado ranch.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!