This flavorful Sheet Pan Andouille Sausage and Vegetables recipe comes together quickly with little mess! Smoky andouille sausage and broccoli florets cook with seasoned potatoes, red bell pepper and onions on one sheet pan. Serve as is or with rice of choice, a few dashes of hot sauce and a sprinkle green onions. Serves 4 in about 45 minutes.
The last few months I’ve been testing quite a few sheet pan dinners.
After all it is that time of year, cooler weather means turning back on the oven. I’ve said it before, but I absolutely love a one-pan dinners! But really, who doesn’t? I think it’s the concept of cooking a meal using a single baking sheet as well as little to no dishes, makes having to prepare dinner after a long (or lazy) day easy.
This andouille and vegetables recipe has been made countless times in our house. Not only because the flavors are incredible in this recipe, but also because it’s easy and nearly effortless. Did I mention there’s little dishes and clean up is a cinch?
We like to serve it over rice (white, brown or cauliflower!) and add a few dashes of Frank’s Red Hot and garnish with sliced green onions.
To Make This Sheet Pan Andouille Sausage and Vegetables You Will Need:
- baby redskin potatoes – You could really use any small potato (I.e fingerlings, baby Yukon golds or purple potatoes.)
- red bell pepper – Adds color and subtle sweet flavor.
- red onion – Delicious roasted, adds flavor and texture.
- avocado oil – Or use any neutral oil made for high temperature cooking/roasting. (like grapeseed or sunflower oil)
- garlic powder – Lends garlic flavor that’s sweeter yet milder than fresh garlic.
- ground mustard – Creates amazing texture on the vegetables when roasted.
- parsley (dried) – For bright and herbaceous flavor that will enhance the other ingredients in the dish.
- oregano (dried) – Lends earthy and slightly bitter flavor.
- kosher salt – Enhances the flavors of this dish.
- freshly ground black pepper – Adds some subtle bite and flavor.
- onion powder – For bold oniony flavor.
- andouille sausage – Adds protein to the dish and has a smoky, sharp and slightly spicy flavor.
- broccoli florets – Mellows out when roasted and adds a much needed pop of green as well as delicious texture.
- avocado oil spray – Adds moisture to the broccoli so it will brown in the oven.
- cooked brown rice – This is optional, however adds delicious texture and bulks it up a smidge. Can also sub with cauliflower rice!
- hot sauce – Adds tanginess and some heat.
- green onions – For a pop of green and fresh onion flavor.
Preheat your oven to 400°.
I like to line a rimmed metal baking sheet with foil for easy clean up, but that is of course optional. Then I add 1 pound (halved) baby redskin potatoes, 1 chopped red bell pepper and 1 chopped red onion.
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon ground mustard, 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon oregano.
Toss to coate evenly. I use my impeccably clean hands for this but a spatula works as well. The less dishes I have to wash the better!
Spread everything out evenly and roast for 20 minutes on the middle rack of your preheated oven. Rotate the pan halfway through cooking.
Once time is up, remove and carefully nestle the sliced andouille among the other vegetable so the sausage is touching the pan.
Scatter the broccoli florets and lightly spray with avocado oil.
Roast for another 15 minutes.
That is it my friends!
You can serve this as is or on top of cooked rice (or cauliflower rice!) with dashes of hot sauce, sliced green onions and a little minced parsley if you’ve got it in you.
So SO good!
Love sheet pan meals?
Click here and browse my many sheet pan recipes!
Sheet Pan Andouille Sausage and Vegetables
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved (we like baby redskin)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or other oil safe for high-heat cooking
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard (dry)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, sliced into coins (we love Aidells brand)
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- avocado spray
- 2 green onions, sliced - for serving
- hot sauce, for serving (we love Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Preheat your oven to 400° and line a rimmed metal baking sheet with foil.
- Add the potatoes, bell pepper and onion. Drizzle with oil and season with garlic powder, ground mustard, parsley, salt and pepper, onion powder and oregano. Toss well to coat.
- Spread everything out evenly and roast for 20 minutes on the middle rack of your preheated oven. Rotate the pan halfway through cooking.
- Once time is up, remove and carefully wedge the sliced andouille among the other vegetable so the sausage is touching the pan.
- Scatter the broccoli florets over top, lightly spray with avocado oil and roast for another 15 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
- You can serve this as is or on top of cooked white or brown rice (or cauliflower rice!) with dashes of hot sauce, sliced green onions and a little minced parsley if you’ve got it in you.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!