These savory potato and dill waffles are insanely delicious! My favorite part? Topping the with a fried egg!
In case you didn’t know. I love waffles.
Like probably too much, so much that I made a savory waffle for you! You’re so welcome. Okay so really it was waffles for me, for you. These are like the gift that keeps on giving know-what-I-mean?
So it’s going to be really hard not to pouring maple syrup all over the top. Ya feel me? Those perfect cups that are meant to sip maple syrup from. Wait. Where was I. Ahh savory waffles, yes. These babes are filled with shredded hash browns, dill and buttermilk annnnd then topped it with a few pieces crispy applewood bacon annnnd a fried egg on top! The egg yolk acts as the syrup would, filling in those waffle divots and giving these savory potato and dill waffles some moisture.
Side note: I used the leftover shredded hash browns and made mashed potatoes (Chopped style)… but that’s a whole different post for a different days.
Go on.. sip the yolk from those waffle cups. Go on now.
It’s all I could do to not eat all four of these. Such a quick and scrumptious breakfast that both kids and adults will love!
Your weekend needs these savory potato and dill waffles.
Waffles for president.
Waffles for life.
Potato Dill Waffles
- 5 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (thawed) shredded potato hash browns
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 eggs, fried
- 4 slices thick-cut applewood bacon, cooked until crispy
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- In a medium bowl, combine the thawed hash browns and butter. Use a potato masher or fork to mash until only slightly chunky.
- Next, add in the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper and chopped dill. Mix until just combined
- Whisk eggs with buttermilk until blended. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Lightly spray your waffle maker with nonstick spray and preheat according to your waffle iron instruction manual.
- Once preheated, pour the batter into the waffle iron, close and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve waffles with a few slices of crispy bacon and top with a fried egg.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!