This PB & J Granola has everything you love about peanut butter and jelly but in granola form. Serve with milk, on yogurt or as a light snack.
You know what’s the best, besides making a mess in your kitchen?
Preparing recipes that are fun to make. Well, all recipes are fun to make… to me. But the kind that you pretend you’re on your own cooking show and you get to talk like Julia Child. You can say things like “Now add the butterrrrr” or “you can find all the recipes on simply scratch dot com” Tell me you do this!? No? Just me? Awesome. I really don’t do that… I was, em, kidding?
To Make This PB & J Granola You Will Need:
- old fashioned rolled oats
- roasted unsalted peanuts
- wheat germ
- kosher salt
- ground ginger
- dark brown sugar
- creamy peanut butter
- pure vanilla extract
- extra light olive oil
- golden raisins
- dried cranberries
In a large bowl, measure and add 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats, 2-1/4 cups roasted unsalted peanuts 1 cup pecans.
Next, add 3/4 cup wheat germ.
And then add 1-1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
Next stir it all up and set aside.
Then in a small saucepan add 1/2 cup dark brown sugar with 1/2 cup honey. Heat it up on medium heat to a low simmer.
While I waited, I checked some emails but you should probably keep your eye on the stuff in the pan and stir it often. Don’t be irresponsible. Don’t be me.
Once it’s all bubbly, carefully add in 1 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter and 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
Next, stir slowly until all the ingredients are combined.
Pour the heavenly peanut butter concoction all over the oats and nuts. I’m sorry but isn’t that the coolest shot like evah?
You’ll need to bust out your strong arm because stirring this isn’t easy.
Once the granola is all chunky and begging you to snag a piece… drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil.
Then mix again. The granola should be all shiny and smell amazing.
Next, pour onto a silpat or parchment paper lined sheet pan, spread out and bake it in a 325 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Remove, stir and slide back into the oven for 15 more minutes. Then again, remove and stir, but this time bake it for only 10 minutes more.
After 35-40 minutes it should be a dark golden color and smelling like heaven.
Let it cool for at least a half hour before sampling.
Add in 1/2 cup each golden raisins and dried cranberries. aka “the jelly” or dried fruit of your choice would work. Cherries, dates, apricots, prunes or dehydrated strawberries, the options really are endless!
Sprinkle them over the top.
Stir to combine.
Lastly, store it in an airtight container for weeks! That’s if it will last that long. This is the best salty-sweet, crunchy-chewy combination! The nuts and oat clusters will fill you up and keep you satisfied! Great for packing in your kids lunch boxes or as a mid-day snack!
Click Here For More Tasty Granola Recipes!
PB & J Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2¼ cups roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup all-natural creamy smooth peanut butter
- 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 325° and line your sheet pan with a silpat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the nuts, oats, wheat germ, cinnamon, ground ginger and kosher salt. Stir to combine.
- In a small sauce pan, stir the honey and dark brown sugar. Heat over medium, stirring often until bubbling. Remove and turn off the heat. Carefully add in the peanut butter and vanilla, stir. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the nuts and stir until mixed thoroughly. Pour in the olive oil and stir until all of the oil is mixed in.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Slide it into the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes stirring twice at every 15 minute mark. Remove and mix in the raisins and dried cranberries.
- Let cool before storing in an airtight container.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!