A Paloma Slush is an icy version of the popular cocktail. Freeze grapefruit juice into cubes and blend it with more juice, tequila, lime juice and simple syrup. Serve in a salt rimmed glass and enjoy! Yields about 4 glasses.
Cool down these final days of summer with a Paloma Slush.
The end of summer in Michigan has been hot. So why not beat the heat with an icy adult beverage? I cannot think of a better way.
A Paloma is a tequila based cocktail mixed with tart grapefruit juice and lime. Freeze some grapefruit juice into cubes and pureeing everything in a blender for a slushy version of the classic cocktail. Easy and delicious!
Summer in a glass.
To Make This Paloma Slush You Will Need:
- grapefruit juice
- grapefruit (cold pressed or freshly squeezed)
- simple syrup
- lime juice
Fill an ice cube tray or two with grapefruit juice and freeze for a few hours or over night.
When you’re ready to make the cocktails, start by adding a little salt to a shallow dish. For this drink, I’m using fine pink Himalayan salt, however you can use margarita salt too.
Rim your glasses with a wedge of grapefruit or lime.
Dip in the salt.
Repeat with remaining glasses.
In your blender pour 1 cup grapefruit juice. Fresh squeezed, cold pressed… whichever.
Then add 1/2 to 3/4 cup tequila (depending how strong you want it), 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice and 1/2 cup simple syrup. Add 3 to 4 heaping cups of grapefruit juice ice cubes.
And puree until slushy. If too thin add more ice. However if you find it too icy, add a splash of grapfruit juice until the mixture is slushy and pourable.
Pour into glasses.
Sip. And repeat.
Even if they melt a little, they’re still delicious!
- grapefruit juice, fresh or cold pressed
- fine salt, I used pink Himalayan
- 1 grapefruit, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup tequila blanco
- 1/2 cup simple syrup, see notes
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- In advance: Fill an ice cube tray with grapefruit juice and freeze for a few hours until solid or overnight.
- When ready to serve: Fill a small shallow dish with salt.
- Run a wedge of grapefruit (or use lime) around the rim of each glass. Dip the wet rim into the salt and set aside.
- In a blender add; grapfruit juice, tequila, simple syrup and lime juice.
- Add 3 to 4 cups grapefruit ice cubes and blend. Add more ice if needed. If too icy, add a splash of grapfruit juice until the mixture is slushy and pourable.
- Pour into prepared glasses, garnish with a wedge of grapfruit (if desired) and serve immediately.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!