Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bites are a wholesome snack packed with healthy ingredients. Old fashioned rolled oats are mixed with peanut butter, honey, hemp hearts, chia seeds and studded with mini chocolate chips. Great as a quick snack or sweet treat and perfect for packing in lunches! Yields 13 servings.
These snack bites are a favorite in our house.
Filled with whole grains, healthy fats and superfoods such as chia seeds and hemp hearts. I first had these back when my oldest played travel softball. Every tournament weekend a mom would brig a double batch to the field and the girls went nuts over them. Luckily, I was given the recipe and have only slightly adapted it over the years.
These oatmeal chocolate chip bites are great when in need a quick midday snack or pick-me-up. I also love having these on hand when when craving something sweet. They are wholesome yet decadent, which for me is the perfect combo!
These oatmeal bites are perfect for packing in school and/or work lunches too!
To Make These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bites You Will Need:
- old fashioned rolled oats – Adds chewy texture and a subtle nutty flavor.
- mini chocolate chips – Lends distinct cacao flavor and delicious texture.
- hemp hearts – Adds a mild nutty flavor and contain healthy omega fatty acids and fiber.
- chia seeds – Adds texture and is an excellent source of fiber.
- peanut butter – I like to use an all-natural dark roasted peanut butter by Santa Cruz – not sponsored.
- honey – Helps to bind all the ingredients together and adds sweetness.
- vanilla – Adds warmth and enhances all of the other flavors in this recipe.
- cinnamon – Lends a distinct warm and woodsy flavor.
- nutmeg – Adds warmth and is aromatic with subtle hints of clove.
- fine salt – Use pink Himalayan or fine sea salt.
In a mixing bowl, measure and add 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats, 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons each hemp hearts and chia seeds, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup honey, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon each fine salt and ground cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
Note: I haven’t tested this recipe with any other nut or seed butters, however I would imagine you could make the substitution without any issues.
Using a rubber spatula to mix.
Until thoroughly combined.
Use a 1-1/2 tablespoon scoop to measure out 13 bites.
Roll each one into balls.
Enjoy right away or chill until ready to serve.
How To Store Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bites:
Store the oatmeal bites in a container with a tight-fitting lid and keep refrigerated.
How Long Will Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bites Last?
In our house, maybe a week. However if stored properly, these wholesome treats will last for up to 2 weeks.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Measure and add ingredients to a mixing bowl. Use a spatula to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a 1½ tablespoon scoop, measure out 13 bites and roll each one into balls.
- Keep refrigerated until reading to serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!