These mini gyro meatballs are easy and delicious. Ground lamb, spices, feta and cilantro bake to perfection, Great for a cocktail party!
Mini gyro meatballs are on the menu today and I’m so excited to share this recipe with you!
First I must to give props to my Mom, well because it’s her very own recipe. However, I made one minor change by adding feta. But that’s it, I swear. These cute little balls are a simple mixture of ground lamb, cilantro, Greek yogurt, spices and feta cheese to make the most delicious appetizers you’ll ever stick your toothpick in.
All you need is the above goods a bowl and your impeccably clean hands and in no time you’ll be turning out mini gyro meatballs. Let’s go!
First grab a handful of rinsed, fresh cilantro.
Next mince it up nice and fine until you get about two tablespoons.
Then add that to a bowl with the pound of ground lamb and a quarter cup of feta cheese.Because I had it on hand, I’m using sun-dried tomato. However regular feta is perfectly fine here.
Next add in the Greek yogurt, cayenne pepper and cumin.
Thi is where your impeccably clean hands come in. By hand, start mixing.
Next measure 2 tablespoons of the ground lamb mixture and roll it between your hands to form small uniformed balls.
Then placing them on a lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400° oven for 18-20 minutes. No need to turn, flip, roll or any of that business. It’s really that simple.
This recipe makes 20 meatballs which is perfect to feed a small get together. Serve it with homemade tzatziki sauce as a dip and watch them disappear!
Enjoy! And if you give this recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
My cookbook Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy is now available! CLICK HERE for details and THANK YOU in advance!
Mini Gyro Meatballs
- 1 pound ground lamb
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400° and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a large bowl combine the pound of ground lamb with the feta cheese, Greek yogurt, minced cilantro, ground cumin, kosher salt and cayenne pepper and mix by hand. Be careful not to over mix.
- Use a tablespoon to measure a heaping tablespoon of the ground lamb mixture and roll, by hand into round meatballs.
- Place each meatball onto a rimmed baking sheet spacing them an inch or two apart and bake for 18-20 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through the baking time to ensure even cooking.
- Remove and let cook for 5 minutes and then insert toothpicks and serve.
[this post contains affiliate links.]
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!