This Maple Baked Brie is one of the easiest appetizers to prepare. Double cream brie is topped with pure maple syrup and baked, getting all soft and creamy before being topped with a homemade cranberry orange jam, toasted walnuts and rosemary. Serve with crackers, crostini or apple wedges and wine!
In need of a festive holiday appetizer? Look no further.
While maple baked brie sounds and looks impressive, it’s one of the easiest appetizers to make and polish off. The creaminess of the melty brie paired with the earthy rosemary, sweet maple syrup and tart orange cranberry jam is a match made in heaven.
I like to serve this with seedy cracker crisps (I found mine at Target), but any crackers, crostini or even apple wedges will do.
To Make This Maple Baked Brie With Cranberry Jam You Will Need:
- cranberries – Add a delicious tart flavor.
- light brown sugar – Lends sweetness.
- orange juice and zest– Adds bright citrus flavor.
- rosemary (fresh) – Adds a fresh woodsy flavor with notes of lemon, pepper and sage.
- brie cheese – Use double or triple cream brie.
- real maple syrup – Lends maple flavor and sweetness.
- toasted walnuts – Or use toasted pecans.
- flaky salt – Adds crunchy texture and salty pockets of flavor.
- crackers, toasted bread or apple wedges – for serving.
Preheat your oven to 350℉ (or 180℃).
Meanwhile, sort through 6 ounces of fresh cranberries, discarding any mushy or blemished ones. Then give them a good rinse.
In a 2-quart saucepan, add the cranberries, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1 teaspoon grated orange zest and 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary.
Stirring often, simmer over medium to medium-low heat for 12 minutes.
Remove and let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, toast 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans. Once toasted, remove and chop.
Place 8 0unce round of brie onto parchment and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Using a paring knife score the top roughly 1/8 of an inch down.
Drizzle with 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup.
Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove and use the parchment to lift and place onto a serving board or platter.
Top with some of the cranberry jam, toasted nuts, a sprinkle of rosemary and flaky salt.
Add the remaining jam to a small bowl and place next to the brie for those who either want just the jam or to add extra jam to their cracker.
I serve this with cracker crisps. These are not homemade, they are the Good & Gather cranberry pumpkin seed cracker crisps and they are so good!
However you could also use crostini, wasa crackers, crispbread or apple wedges.
Click Here And Browse More Appetizer Recipes!
Maple Baked Brie with Cranberry Jam
FOR THE JAM:
- 6 ounces cranberries
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
FOR THE BRIE:
- 8 ounces double or triple cream brie
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup walnuts, or pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- flaky sea salt
- toasted bread or crackers
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ (or 180℃).
MAKE THE JAM:
- Sort through the fresh cranberries, discarding any mushy or blemished ones. Then give them a good rinse.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, add the cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice, orange zest and rosemary. Stirring often, simmer over medium to medium-low heat for 12 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
MAKE THE BRIE:
- Meanwhile, place the brie onto a small square piece of parchment paper and set it on a rimmed baking sheet. Using a paring knife score the top roughly 1/8 of an inch down into a crisscross pattern.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and then bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the walnuts (or pecans) in a dry skillet. Heat over medium to medium-low until fragrant. Remove, let cool slightly and then chop.
- Remove using the parchment to lift and place onto a serving board or platter. Top with some of the cranberry jam, toasted nuts, a sprinkle of rosemary and flaky salt.Add the remaining jam and walnuts to two small bowls and place next to the brie for those who either want just the jam or to add extra jam and walnuts to their cracker.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!