Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Melts are a simple and delicious way to enjoy leftovers. Thick slices of toasted Texas toast topped with all the Thanksgiving holiday fixings plus melted cheese and smothered with gravy.
This year, get excited for leftovers.
Because this open-faced leftover thanksgiving turkey dinner melt is heaven on a plate. Slices of (toasted) Texas toast is topped with layers of whipped mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey gravy, leftover turkey and homemade cranberry sauce. And if that didn’t already induce watering of the mouth, it then gets topped with havarti and quickly melts under the broiler only to be smothered in more gravy.
This is totally a knife and fork kind of situation.
To Make These Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Melts You Will Need:
- texas toast
- mashed potatoes
- turkey gravy
- stuffing or dressing
- leftover turkey – light and/or dark meat
- cranberry sauce
- havarti cheese slices
- snipped fresh chives
Position your oven rack so that it’s 3 to 4 inches away from the heating element and preheat your broiler.
Next, toast the Texas toast.
Once it’s cooled down a bit place it on a parchment or foil lined rimmed baking sheet.
Top with mashed potatoes and gravy. I eyeball it but it’s about 1/4 cup of potatoes and a few tablespoons gravy.
Continue topping with stuffing, turkey and cranberry sauce. If you made green bean casserole or some other side, feel free to add it as well.
Place 2 slices of havarti on top and slip it under the broiler. Watch carefully.
Remove once the cheese has melted and is lightly golden in spots.
Lastly, smother the entire thing with turkey gravy.
Don’t be shy.
I serve this with snipped fresh chives and extra black pepper and with black pepper sea salt kettle chips (my favorite!!).
You get the best of sweet and savory and all in one delicious bite.
Enjoy! And if you give this Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Melts recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Melts
- 1 slices texas toast, toasted
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup mashed potatoes, leftover, rewarmed
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup stuffing, leftover, rewarmed
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup turkey, leftover, rewarmed
- 1/4 cup turkey gravy, warmed (or more if desired)
- 2 slices havarti cheese, or other melty cheese
- black pepper, freshly ground, for serving
- fresh chives, snipped, for garnish
- Preheat your broiler.
- Toast bread and place on a small, rimmed metal baking pan.
- top with rewarmed mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, turkey, cranberry sauce and top with slices of havarti cheese.
- Slide under the broiler until the cheese has melted. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Serve topped with more gravy, freshly ground black pepper and chives.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
I definitely found several recipes that I would want to make. I really appreciate that you have many good choices for those of us who are trying to eat a lower-carb diet.
Thanksgiving is incomplete without turkey dish it’s my favorite thanks for sharing the recipes.