Dinner definitely won’t be boring with these Korean BBQ Beef Bowls! Lean ground beef is cooked with onions, garlic and fresh ginger and simmers in a homemade Korean bbq sauce. Served with rice, spicy Korean slaw and a fried egg on top.
Love doesn’t even begin to describe my feelings about this bowl.
It’s the perfect combination of sweet, spicy, crispy and saucy. Here, let me break it down for you:
Fluffy jasmine rice is topped with saucy caramelized beef, a spicy korean slaw, fresh cucumber ribbons and a fried egg. Oh and sriracha because, spice! I do drizzle a little extra homemade korean bbq sauce over top, but not a lot because the drippy yolk is a sauce in and of it’s self.
This is such a fun change from the norm. A colorful, delicious change of pace.
I have a good feeling that you’re going to love this one.
To Make The Korean BBQ Beef Bowls You Will Need:
- olive oil spray
- lean ground beef
- homemade korean bbq sauce
For the Bowls You Will Need:
- cooked jasmine rice
- spicy korean vegetable slaw
- cucumber ribbons or slices
- fried eggs
- sliced green onions
Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil, add 1/2 an onion that has been diced, 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger and 2 cloves minced fresh garlic with a pinch of kosher salt. Heat on medium-low and sautè for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
Add 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef to the pan and use a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook until it’s no longer pink.
Pour in 2/3 cup of homemade Korean bbq sauce.
Stir and heat thoroughly.
Add cooked jasmine rice to bowls, spoon some of the Korean bbq beef on top, alongside the spicy slaw and tuck in a few cucumber ribbons. Lastly top each bowl with a fried egg and sliced green onions. And of course, sriracha.
Korean BBQ Beef Bowls
FOR THE BEEF:
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup korean bbq sauce
FOR THE BOWL:
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice, for serving
- 1 recipes Spicy Korean Vegetable Slaw, for serving
- 6 eggs, fried, for serving
- sriracha, to taste, for serving
- green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil, add the onion, ginger and garlic with a pinch of kosher salt. Heat on medium-low and sautè for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add the beef to the pan and use a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook until no longer pink.
- Lastly add in the korean bbq sauce, stir and heat through.
- Serve on jasmine rice, with spicy korean vegetable slaw and a fried egg on top. Garnish with sriracha and green onions.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!