Jet’s Ranch Dressing is the perfect restaurant style-ranch. Homemade ranch dressing mix is blended with mayonnaise, sour cream and buttermilk. Use on everything. Yields 1¾ cups.
If someone asked me what restaurant/food chain has the best ranch dressing, I would say Jet’s Pizza. 1000%.
Jet’s originated in Michigan (Detroit-style pizza what?!🙌🏼) but if you’re lucky enough to live in any of the 19 states that has a Jet’s Pizza, then you most likely have had their ranch as well. It’s quite literally the best restaurant ranch dressing ever.
If you know, you know.
It’s that drippy ranch that’s not overly thick while also not being too thin. It coats a salad beautifully and is THE ranch for dipping pizza in. In fact, in our house, it’s the only ranch to dip pizza in. Jet’s makes their ranch by combining ranch dressing mix with buttermilk, mayonnaise and sour cream… obviously on a larger scale. However today, I’m sharing how I make it at home while avoiding store-bought packets.
To Make This Jet’s Ranch Dressing Recipe You Will Need:
- sour cream
- ranch dressing mix
To be accurate, I’ve made this recipe using both store-bought Hidden Valley Ranch packets and my Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix. I compared them side-by-side (ranch dressing heaven!) and the one with the pre-made packet was salty. Don’t get me wrong it’s still delicious, but a little too salty (and I LOVE me some salt). However, my husband could not tell a difference in taste between the two, but noticed the one with packet ranch mix looked more green.
If by chance you want to use store-bought (Hidden Valley) packets, you will only need one packet.
In a personal blender, pour in 1/2 cup buttermilk. I’m using Guernsey (and not low-fat) buttermilk because I feel it has the best flavor and consistency. Low-fat buttermilk may be too thin to use in this recipe?
Next, measure and add in 1 cup mayonnaise.
Then 1/2 cup sour cream.
Lastly, measure and add in 3 tablespoons of the homemade ranch dressing mix or 1 packet if you’re using store-bought (no judgement!).
Secure the lid.
Once everything is nicely incorporated and blended.
Secure a lid and pop this into your fridge for 30 minutes or longer. Overnight is best, because the longer it sits the better the flavor.
Dip. Dunk. Drizzle.
The options are endless.
Since making my own Jet’s ranch, I’ve never consumed more ranch in my life.
Jet's Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise, see notes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons homemade ranch dressing mix
- kosher salt, to taste, if desired
- Zwilling Enfinigy 20oz Personal Blender" class="wprm-recipe-equipment-link" target="_blank">Zwilling Enfinigy Personal Blender
- In a personal blender, pour in the buttermilk and measure and add in the mayonnaise, sour cream and ranch dressing mix.
- Secure the lid and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a jar with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Overnight is best as it gives a chance for the flavors to develop.
- After the flavors have developed, taste and add 1/4 teaspoon salt if you feel it needs it.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!