An Irish Slammer is a classic bar drink. A shot glass of half Irish cream liqueur and Irish whisky is dropped into a pint of Guinness. Drink quickly to avoid the Irish cream from separating!
If there’s one adult beverage to try this St. Patrick’s Day, make it an Irish Slammer.
The distinct almost coffee-like flavor of Guinness is rounded out with the sweetness of the Bailey’s with a kick from Irish Whiskey. Simply fill a sturdy bottomed pint glass 3/4 of the way up and drop a shot glass with a 1/2 ounce of both Irish cream liqueur and Irish whiskey.
But drink fast, otherwise the cream will curdle.
To Make An Irish Slammer You Will Need:
- Guinness draught stout
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur (or similar)
- Irish whiskey – like Proper no. Twelve or Jameson
In a pint glass, fill it 3/4 of the way with cold, Guinness draught stout.
In a shot glass, measure 1/2 ounce (15 mL) Bailey’s Irish cream liqueur.
To the same shot glass, top it of with 1/2 ounce (15 mL) Irish whiskey. We like Proper no. Twelve but if you have Jameson, that’ll work just fine as well.
Give the foam a chance to subsided and the beer settle.
Grab the shot of Irish cream and whisky and…
Now drink, drink, drink as the Irish cream will curdle the longer it sits.
Cheers! And as always, please drink responsibly.
For more St. Patrick’s Day Recipes Click Here!
- 1 Guinness stout draught
- 1/2 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Irish whiskey, like Proper no. Twelve or Jameson
- Fill a pint glass 3/4 of the way with Guinness.
- In a shot glass, measure a 1/2 ounce irish cream and add to it 1/2 ouce irish whiskey.
- Drop the shot glass into the pint glass and immediately drink as the irish cream will curdle as it sits.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!