This Hot Honey Turkey Avocado Toast makes for a simple yet delicious lunch. Seedy bread is toasted, spread with mashed avocado and topped with tomatoes, sliced turkey, micro greens and a drizzle of hot honey. Serves 1 but can easily be doubled for more.
This has quickly become my go-to lunch.
I don’t always have the time to whip something up so when my sister told me about what she normally eats for lunch, I immediately ran out to get the ingredients and made it the next day. Needless to say, I loved it so much I had to share it here with you! It’s as simple as making avocado toast with a sprinkle of everything seasoning and topping it with sliced tomatoes, deli turkey or chicken, I add micro greens to mine but that’s optional and then drizzling it with hot honey.
It comes together in under 10 minutes and leaves me full and satisfied.
To Make This Hot Honey Turkey Avocado Toast You Will Need:
- slice of seedy bread – Really any bread will work just fine.
- avocado – I like using half of a small avocado for smaller slice of bread.
- kosher salt – This will draw out flavors and season.
- freshly ground black pepper – This will add some subtle bite and flavor.
- everything seasoning – Homemade or store-bought is fine. Use your favorite!
- roma tomato – I like using roma tomatoes but a beefsteak (or any really) would be incredible as well.
- turkey or chicken deli meat – You could even use sliced leftover roast chicken or turkey here.
- micro greens – Totally optional! You could also substitute baby spinach or arugula.
- hot honey – Adds a touch of sweetness and heat.
Toast your bread. I like mine extra toasty on the verge of being burnt.
Add half of a small ripe avocado and smash using a fork.
Season with a pinch of salt, some freshly ground black pepper and a few pinches of everything seasoning.
Top with tomatoes.
1 to 2 ounces of turkey or chicken deli meat.
A small handful of micro greens (baby spinach or try arugula).
Drizzle with hot honey.
And lastly, a little bit more of everything seasoning.
The sweet and spiciness of the honey really amps up the flavor of the other ingredients. It’s safe to say, I’m obsessed.
Click Here For More Easy Toast Ideas!
Hot Honey Turkey Avocado Toast
- 1 slice sturdy bread, seedy whole grain or sourdough
- 1/2 small avocado
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- everything seasoning
- 1/2 small roma tomato, sliced
- 2 ounces chicken or turkey deli meat, or leftover roasted, grilled etc.
- 1 handful micro greens
- 1 drizzle hot honey
- Toast your bread and top with the avocado and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with slices of tomato (or 1 slice if using a larger tomato) and top with turkey and microgreens.
- Drizzle with hot honey, sprinkle with extra everything seasoning. (fyi I like to cut my toast in half before adding microgreens and honey)
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!