This homemade Brownie Brittle is crisp thin wafers of brownie. A simple brownie batter is whipped up, spread thin and baked before dusting with powdered sugar. A delicious fun treat for any occasion.
Who doesn’t love brownie brittle? Those of us who’ve polished a Costco size bag of brownie brittle know how good it is. Thin addictive little wafers.
So skip running out to the store and make them at home! It’s easy and this way you aren’t at risk of eating an entire kingsize bag, just maybe a half sheet pan.
You’re welcome. 😉
To Make Homemade Brownie Brittle You Will Need:
- unbleached all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- kosher salt
- semi-sweet chocolate
- brown sugar
- an egg white
- vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 325℉ (or 160℃).
In a mesh strainer, sift 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon each baking soda and kosher salt.
Sift to combine and set off to the side.
Meanwhile, in a sauce pan over low heat, melt 2 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate and 6 tablespoons butter.
Once melted, remove off of the heat and whisk in 1/3 cup dark brown sugar and 3 tablespoons milk.
Allow this mixture to cool a bit before whisking in 1 egg white.
Lastly, add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
Next add the dry ingredients to the pan with the melted chocolate mixture.
And stir until thoroughly combined.
Pour the brownie batter onto a silicone mat set into a rimmed, metal baking sheet. Using an offset spatula, spread evenly and thin. Leaving a little room for some minor spreading that will happen when baking in the oven.
Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until crispy, rotating the pan halfway through.
Allow the brownie to cool, it will crisp up more as it cools.
Break into about 20 pieces.
And dust with powdered sugar before devouring.
The serving size homemade brownie brittle is 2 pieces. Um, yeah. Good luck with that.
Crisp. Chocolaty. And not too sweet. = my dream dessert.
For more delicious and fun treats click here.
Homemade Brownie Brittle
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces semi-sweet, or milk chocolate
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325℉ (or 160℃) and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- In a sifter set over a bowl, measure and add the flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Sift into the bowl and set aside.
- Into a sauce pan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter. Once melted, remove off of the heat and stir in the brown sugar and milk. When cool, whisk in the egg white and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the the wet and using a rubber spatula, mix until combined.
- Pour the brownie mixture onto the silicone mat and using an offset spatula, spread evenly and thin.
- Bake on the middle rack of your preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and crisp.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking into about 20 pieces an dusting with powdered sugar.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!