Add a little whimsy to your Valentine’s Day meal with these Heart Shaped Personal Pizzas! No-rise pizza dough allows you to whip these quickly. Serves 4.
Normally I’m not a Valentine’s Day person. But I couldn’t help it this year, and I celebrate Valentine’s Day the only way I prefer to… with food.
I used my greek yogurt pizza dough recipe so these could be prepared in minutes. I even used these little heart shaped cutter to stamp out mini heart pepperonis. However you could use the old kindergarten trick and fold a pepperoni in half and use kitchen sheers to cut out half a hear so when you unfold it, you’ll have full heart.
Whatever your toppings, these heart shaped personal pizzas are so adorable and fun no matter what age.
To Make These Heart Shaped Personal Pizzas you will need:
- olive oil spray
- greek yogurt pizza dough
- pizza sauce – homemade or store bought
- mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni – heart shaped pepperoni if you have little heart cutters
Preheat your oven to 475℉ (or 245℃).
Invert a large rimmed baking sheet. Next, spray with olive oil. You could also sprinkle with a little semolina if you have it.
Next, on a generously floured surface, place the greek yogurt pizza dough ball and cut it into four equal pieces.
Because the dough was shaped in a ball and then cut into four wedges, you will then have a triangular shaped piece of dough.
Next, dust a rolling pin and the top of the dough with more flour and then roll out to a flat triangle. I used a knife to cut a little notch, floured my fingers and shape into hearts.
Then transfer the heart shaped pizza dough to the prepared sheet pan and repeat with remaining pieces.
Next add a couple spoonfuls of sauce to the dough.
Spread it evenly leaving an edge.
Lastly top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
And then top with pepperonis. I like to spray the top of the pizzas with olive oil, but that’s optional and up to you.
Next bake on the bottom rack of your preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
Finally, serve with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Such a fun way to eat your pizza! And if you have a sense of humor (or not feeling the love this Valentine’s Day) you could always cut it in half this way before serving. 😂
Heart Shaped Personal Pizzas
- Preheat your oven to 475℉ (or 245℃).
- Invert a large rimmed baking sheet. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with a couple pinches of cornmeal.
- Make and shape the dough into a balll. On a generously floured surface, cut into 4 equal pieces (wedges).
- Flour a rolling pin and working with one piece at a time, roll the dough into a flat triangle. Use a knife to create a notch in the top. Shape into a heart and transfer to the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Spread a couple spoonfuls of the sauce onto each pizza, leaving an edge. Top with mozzarella and pepperonis.
- I spray them with olive oil one more time, but is optional.
- Bake on the bottom rack of your oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Once baked, sprinkle with a little parmesan and chopped fresh basil.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!