Calling all blue cheese fans! This creamy Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing is loaded with blue cheese yet with a fraction of the fat. Drizzle it over your favorite salad or serve as a dip with crisp fresh veggies. Recipe yields 1 cup and will serve 8 (2 tablespoon) servings.
Truth: I love blue cheese anything.
Whipped and spread on a crostini, baked into a scone, as a scone for spicy buffalo wings and celery and in a dressing drizzled over a salad. Truth be told, if blue cheese is in the title there’s a good chance I will consume it.
I’ve tried other store-bought yogurt blue cheese dressings before and they aren’t my favorite. So I set off to make my own. Naturally.
It all started with an idea for a salad that I wanted/needed a blue cheese dressing that was lower in fat but not lacking in flavor. So I grabbed my container of plain nonfat Greek yogurt and mixed it with a little mayo, blue cheese crumbles, low-fat buttermilk, vinegar, spices and a splash of (my not-so-secret ingredient) Worcestershire.
Voila! The best Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing was born. Not only is it extremely easy to prepare but also ridiculously delicious.
Needless to say, I will be keeping this salad dressing on hand all summer.
To Make This Greek yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing You Will Need:
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- crumbled blue cheese
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- low-fat buttermilk
- champagne or white wine vinegar
- worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
In a medium mixing bowl, measure and add; 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (any), 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk, 1 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar, a splash of Worcestershire and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Stir well to combine.
Store in glass jar (that has a tight fitting lid) in the refrigerator a week or possibly longer.
This recipe yields 1 cup and can serve 8 (2 tablespoon) servings.
Enjoy! And if you give this Greek yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing recipe a try, let me know! Snap a photo and tag me on twitter or instagram!
Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, measure and add plain nonfat Greek yogurt, blue cheese, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, buttermilk, vinegar and a splash of Worcestershire.
- Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Mix thoroughly, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!
Excellent! I was out of sour cream but had a large container of Greek yogurt and two wedges of Maytag blue. I’ve never been a fan of Greek Yogurt dressings, but this is a game changer!