Greek Yogurt Biscuits are simple, quick to throw together and half the fat! Thanks to plain nonfat greek yogurt, the butter is significantly reduced and yet still produces a flaky biscuits! This recipe yields 8 biscuits in about 35 minutes.
One morning I needed to make biscuits, but I only had so much butter to work with. So I took notes as I whipped up gorgeous flakey biscuits that are not only lower in fat but delicious too. Due to the fact there is less butter, the biscuits aren’t as soft as traditional but that’s not to say they are hockey pucks either. They’re sturdy yet flakey and taste just like biscuits.
I put my family in charge of taste-testing and all gave two thumbs up.
To Make These Greek Yogurt Biscuits You Will Need:
- unbleached all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- kosher salt
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- cold unsalted butter
- egg wash
Preheat your oven to 375℉(or 190℃).
In a mixing bowl, measure and add 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour with 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 2 teaspoons sugar.
Witha a rubber spatula, stir to combine.
Drop in 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter.
Using a pastry cutter (or try 2 forks) and cut the butter into the flour until it resembles small peas.
To this add 1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt.
Stir until a shaggy dough forms and the flour and butter is incorporated into the yogurt.
Form this biscuit dough in a rectangle on a piece of parchment paper.
Cut into 8 squares.
Use the parchment to transfer the whole thing onto a rimmed, metal baking sheet. Brush with the egg wash (1 beaten egg plus a splash of water) before slipping the pan onto the middle rack of your preheated oven.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the biscuits puff and are golden brown on top. Serve warm, split with jam, filled with egg and bacon or topped with sausage gravy.
For More Greek Yogurt Recipes Click Here!
Greek Yogurt Biscuits
- 2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, ice cold
- 1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 375℉(or 190℃).
- In a mixing bowl, measure and add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add in the cold butter and use a pastry blender to cut it into the flour.
- Once the flour resembles coarse sand and the butter is the size of small peas, add in 1 cup greek yogurt.
- Use a spatula to mix until combined.
- Shape the dough in the bowl before transferring it to a piece parchment paper. Futher shape the dough into a rectangle that is about 1-inch thick. Cut the dough into 8 biscuits.
- Transfer the parchement paper (with the biscuits) to a rimmed metal baking sheet.
- Beat the egg with a splash of water abd brush the tops of the biscuits.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the biscuits are goldent brown. Rotate the pan halfway to ensure even browning.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!