Garlic Prosciutto Sage Chicken is a simple, elegant and a flavorful recipe. Chicken breast halves are pounded thin, seasoned, top with fresh sage leaves and wrapped in prosciutto before being panfried until crispy and basted in a garlic sage butter. Serves 4.
I’m a huge fan of prosciutto anything.
Prosciutto and melon? An absolute favorite. Prosciutto and fig jam pizza? THE best! But moist and tender chicken wrapped in sage and crispy prosciutto drizzled in garlic butter? Ahhmazing.
And it couldn’t be more simple to make! I usually serve this with asparagus and smashed potatoes or an simple arugula salad. But a would be incredible with fettuccine Alfredo too.
The fresh sage really compliments the salty prosciutto and the garlic butter sends everything over the top. Simple and impressive, my favorite kind of recipe.
To Make This Garlic Sage Prosciutto Chicken You Will Need:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fresh sage leaves
- olive oil
Slice 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (24 ounces total weight) in half horizontally, so you have 4 (6 ounce) chicken breasts.
Place 2 chicken breasts in a large resealable bag and use the flat side of a meat tenderizer to pound to equal thickness. Remove and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
Season chicken lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper. The prosciutto is salty all on its own so keep that in mind!
Top each breast with 5 sage leaves.
Lastly, wrap each breast in 2 slices or prosciutto.
I like to secure the prosciutto underneath the chicken breast with toothpicks. To be honest, I’m not sure how necessary the toothpicks are. I really only do it because I’m worried the prosciutto will come off while cooking. However, I’ve never been brave enough to try without them either.
Meanwhile, heat 4 tablespoons avocado oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
Once hot, place chicken sage side down into the oil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
My favorite way to test oil is by using a chopstick. If bubbles form around the tip when stuck into the oil, you are good to go.
Carefully turn the chicken and add 1 tablespoon butter, 3 to 4 minced cloves of garlic and 10 to 12 remaining sage leaves.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, tipping the pan and basting the chicken with the garlic sage butter.
Perfection! And it smells divine.
Serve immediately with your favorite sides and a glass of chilled white wine!
What Sides to Serve With Garlic Prosciutto Sage Chicken:
- Air Fryer Balsamic Aparagus
- Garlicky Lemon Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Buttermilk Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Smashed Potatoes
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- arugula salad
- fettuccine Alfredo
Click Here For more Recipes featuring Prosciutto!
Garlic Butter Prosciutto Sage Chicken
- 4 chicken breast halves, pounded thin (24 ounces total weight)
- 2 small pinches kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 30 fresh sage leaves, divided
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic , minced (2 cloves if large)
- Place 2 chicken breasts in a large resealable bag and use the flat side of a meat tenderizer to pound to equal thickness. Remove and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top each breast with 5 sage leaves and wrap in 2 slices or prosciutto. (I like to secure the prosciutto to the back of the chicken with toothpicks)
- Heat the olive oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, place chicken sage side down into the oil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Carefully turn the chicken and add butter, garlic and remaining sage leaves.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, basting the chicken with the garlic sage butter.
- Once fully cooked, serve immediately with a spoonful or two of the butter.
Buy the Cookbook: Simply Scratch : 120 Wholesome Homemade Recipes Made Easy Now available on Amazon »
THANK YOU in advance for your support!